none
Groups the Row groups in which correct values falls into it

Question

• i have a table(matrix) in my ssrs,in my row groups i have student data  in which 3 values falls into it.a)John, Sam and Mary
    im my datasets i have 2 data , Teachers and Surpervisor as column.this display the total number of students,
    So in my student row i want to match only those values to both Teachers and Supervisor.
    eg

here is what my table look like when i run it

---------------------------------
             Teacher    Supervisor

--------------------------------------

john ---  56            0
    Sam       0           112

Mary

the value 50 and 112  should be a constant value and also since Student is in row group how can i group john to separate
    from Sam and Marry.

Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:45 AM

All replies

• Is there a column which differentiates john from other like an indicator? If so then you can group using that column.

Regards,Eshwar.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, January 03, 2013 3:51 AM
  • thanks for your reply

i want my table to be like this one below especially for the Usage columns. how can i divide my cells like that in ssrs 2008?...groups

thanks in advance

Sunday, January 06, 2013 8:27 PM
  • Hi Uttar,

From you description, it seems that you want to add grouping and totals to your tablix, right? If in this case, please refer to the link below to see the MSDN document about add grouping and totals, which tell you how to do it steps by steps.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms170712.aspx

If the issue persists, please elaborate the structure of the dataset, if possible provide us a screenshot about the table with the sample data, so that we can male further analysis.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 07, 2013 7:08 AM
  • Hi Uttar,

Have you solved your issue? Do you like thie tablix format in the screenshot below?

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

Charlie Liao

Friday, January 11, 2013 8:24 AM
  • hi Charlie,

No yet. yea I like d one you shown above. I'm using ssrs 2008. how  you solved it? but for row People can u merge man and women together so column 3 can have 12..

thanks

• Edited by uttar007 Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:54 PM
    Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:53 PM
  • Hi Uttar007,

If in this case, I am afraid you need to use two tablix to display it. In Reporting Services, we cannot add parent groups for details row in it left side and right side. I have tested it using two tablix. It looks like below.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

Charlie Liao

Monday, January 14, 2013 2:18 AM
  • hi Charlie,

I use matrix and table nothing seems solving my problem...i thinks its my row groups or expression in which it gets me wrong.but according to the output above, can you elaborate more on that..if steps will be grateful..

thanks

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:53 AM
  • Hi Uttar007,

The steps below are for your reference.

1. Drag two table controls into the design surface.
    2. Drag [col2] to the tables, and then add a row group for this column, parent group is [col1].
    3. Change the parent group field to [col3] in table two.
    4. Drag table two to the right side of table one, and set the visibility property to “Hidden” for the columns which is useless.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

Charlie Liao

Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:23 AM