none
Create failed for Login ''. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

Pregunta

•  I just installed SQL Server 2005 and here's the story:

I'm having a problem making a new login inside the sql management studio, the problem is, when i create a new login, i select SQL Authentication, then type a password, then uncheck Enforce password policy.

i then select the database i want the login to be associated with, but once i click ok i get this exception:
    Create failed for Login ''. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)
    "An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed. Add a name or single space as the alias name. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 1038)

I even tried the Northwind and a brand new database with a table and 2 columns but it's the same story every time.
     Do you have any idea how to solve it?
    Thanks a lot
    martes, 06 de noviembre de 2007 19:49

Respuestas

• I made the same mistake.

I thought the Login Name had greyed out when I selected SQL server authentication.

Make sure you type in a 'Login Name'.

jueves, 08 de noviembre de 2007 2:08

Todas las respuestas

• I made the same mistake.

I thought the Login Name had greyed out when I selected SQL server authentication.

Make sure you type in a 'Login Name'.

jueves, 08 de noviembre de 2007 2:08
  • Nokayang correctly says that when the Login Name is left empty, you will get this error. Please make sure you are typing the LOGIN NAME, and then typing the password twice (you maybe confusing the first text box of password as login name)

Additionally, this post has nothing to do with replication. Please post in relevant forums going forward.

miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2007 0:28
  • a lot time later, still usefull, thanks, did the same mistake too =]]
    jueves, 24 de marzo de 2011 12:58