none
setting up failover clustering on windows 2008R2 but domain is from windows 2003

Pregunta

• Hi

I read this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189910.aspx

it states that

"On Windows Server 2003, create domain groups for the clustered services that will be installed as part of your SQL Server failover cluster. The SQL Server service, SQL Server Agent service, Analysis Services service, and iFTS service must run as domain accounts that are members of the domain group. If necessary, ask your domain administrator for the names of existing domain groups, or to create domain groups for your failover cluster."

my situation is i am setting up sql server 2008r2 failover clustering on windows 2008R2 nodes (server 1 and 2) but the domain that these nodes joined to is windows 2003. do i need to setup domain groups for the account use for the clustered services or can i ignore it and use service sid

thank you

jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012 15:22

Respuestas

• Hi shinobigoh,

"On Windows Server 2003, create domain groups for the clustered services that will be installed as part of your SQL Server failover cluster. The SQL Server service, SQL Server Agent service, Analysis Services service, and iFTS service must run as domain accounts that are members of the domain group. If necessary, ask your domain administrator for the names of existing domain groups, or to create domain groups for your failover cluster."

“On Windows Server 2003” means if your SQL Server clusters are installed in Windows Server 2003 not the AD location. Since you have installed SQL Server on windows 2008 R2, so there is no need to consider this consideration.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

martes, 20 de marzo de 2012 7:02
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Think you should need to create some AD groups, this is required during the SQL installation, doesnt matter if the AD is windows 2003/2008.

sábado, 17 de marzo de 2012 4:09
  • Hi shinobigoh,

“On Windows Server 2003” means if your SQL Server clusters are installed in Windows Server 2003 not the AD location. Since you have installed SQL Server on windows 2008 R2, so there is no need to consider this consideration.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

martes, 20 de marzo de 2012 7:02
    Moderador