none
SSRS 2008 - Row Disappearing!!!

Pregunta

• This report worked on 2005.

Here is the problem:

1. Run report with one group that opens expanded.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the report and collapse groups and the groups disappear! Literally. They are gone.

Is there a different way to set visibility in 2008?

Linda

viernes, 02 de marzo de 2012 17:01

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Does this just happen when you preview the report or when it's actually published? Sometimes there are bugs with the previewer.

Can you explain the way you're currently doing your row visibility?

sábado, 03 de marzo de 2012 14:04
  • This happens when the report is published. This reports works in 2005 and 2008 but not in 2008 R2.

I had the row visibility set on the group header but not on the detail row. Once I set it on the detail row the report works correctly. This makes me nervous that my other reports are going to need to be changed and/or this change won't be backward compatible. Did something change in the visibility between 2008 and 2008 R2?

Thanks!

Linda

sábado, 03 de marzo de 2012 23:04
  • Hi Linda,

From your description, do you mean that the drill-down report doesn’t work properly in Reporting Services 2008 R2? If so, please post more information about the design structure and the steps to design the report. Then, I will try to reproduce this issue on my test environment and help you to solve this issue.

By the way, there is a thread about row visibility is not work correctly you posted. Are they the same question? If you are using SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services to design the drill-down report, I suggest that you refer to the following article about how to add an expand/collapse action to an item. Please see:
    How to: Add an Expand/Collapse Action to an Item

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
    Mike Yin

miércoles, 07 de marzo de 2012 10:21