none
Indicator is repeated toward a dimension

Pregunta

• Hi all,
    I designed a cube structure with SSAS. If I drill toward some dimensions, I noticed that something is wrong and the same value is repeated for each occurrence of the dimension. It seems something is not working fine on data source view level.

Example: I select Year Dimension (a YEAR table related with the fact table using the key "Year") and Quantity Indicator; if I drill on Year I always see the same quantity repeated.

Fact table is a view on another table, I don't know if this can be a matter and I have to create relationships not only using the view but also the original tables.

Thanks all for the support!
    viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 9:36

Respuestas

• You'r right. All measure values returning the same value is typical when querying dimensions that are unrelated with the facts.

DSV is only a view. Relations are determined on the "attribute relationships" tab when building the dimensions,  and on the "dimension usage  tab" when defining the measures of the cube.

Philip

• Marcado como respuesta GMare viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 13:50
    viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 10:37

Todas las respuestas

• You'r right. All measure values returning the same value is typical when querying dimensions that are unrelated with the facts.

DSV is only a view. Relations are determined on the "attribute relationships" tab when building the dimensions,  and on the "dimension usage  tab" when defining the measures of the cube.

Philip

• Marcado como respuesta GMare viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 13:50
    viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 10:37
  • It works!

Thanks a lot!

viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 13:51