none
Question about roles on a hierachy

Pregunta

• Hello!

I need your help for my roles on my dimension with a hierarchy.

I have specified a Role which just allow a row in a dimension. This row is a child of another one, so the access are given to the parent row too.

So, in excel I have that:

My problem is that the user under the role can read the measure of the parents, like the 7396.46 for example.

Is there a solution with the roles, or another thing which can hide the measure for the parents of my hierarchy?

jueves, 21 de junio de 2012 13:36

Respuestas

• you can active Visual Totlas (in the Advance Tab under Dimension Data in you role)

then the user would just see 7396.46 on the upper nodes

in general are we talking about attribute hierarchies or parent-child hierarchies?

- www.pmOne.com -

• Propuesto como respuesta tom.martens sábado, 23 de junio de 2012 19:11
    • Marcado como respuesta Jackylradis lunes, 25 de junio de 2012 12:18
    jueves, 21 de junio de 2012 14:23
    Usuario que responde

Todas las respuestas

• you can active Visual Totlas (in the Advance Tab under Dimension Data in you role)

then the user would just see 7396.46 on the upper nodes

in general are we talking about attribute hierarchies or parent-child hierarchies?

- www.pmOne.com -

• Propuesto como respuesta tom.martens sábado, 23 de junio de 2012 19:11
    • Marcado como respuesta Jackylradis lunes, 25 de junio de 2012 12:18
    jueves, 21 de junio de 2012 14:23
    Usuario que responde
  • Thanks for your answer. I'm not at the office now, I will try to active Visual Totals.

On my hierarchy, the measure of the second node should be 2450.7, because the sum of the displayed children is 2450.7.

I don't understand why my pivot table (or my cube) sums even the children that the user can't see.

Do you know a solution to fix that?

jueves, 21 de junio de 2012 15:14
  • well, in your example, if you only have access to the lowest mebmer with the value 2450.7, then, by enabling VisualTotals, all upper levels would also show 2450.7

- www.pmOne.com -

viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 12:56
    Usuario que responde
  • Thanks, it works!!

And now a last question, do you know how to set this property in C#? There is VisualTotals in the AttributePermission class, but it is a String and I don't know how to use it...

lunes, 25 de junio de 2012 12:16