none
SSRS 2008 - Printing from my local copy hang

Pregunta

• When I try to print from my local it hangs in the dialog box Printing reads "Page 1 of name of report" and just hang if I click CANCEL it just hang, I have to use task manager and end the Printing Task and the Microsoft Visual Studio  in Status reads "Not Responding".  I tried different reports and I'm getting the same problem.

If I upload this report to report server it prints with no problem. Please help!

Angie
    viernes, 30 de septiembre de 2011 12:39

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• delete and create a printer using "add printer" and /or

start print spooler in "administrative tools"->services-> "print spooler"

Sergei
    sábado, 01 de octubre de 2011 11:08
  • I deleted the printer and I reinstalled but the problem persist.  If I check the Task Manager I have a "Not Responding" Status for Microsoft Visual Studio.  If I print the reports from the SSRS 2008, I dont have any problem.

If I click on the Print Layout I get the following error message "An error occurred during local report processing (processin): ScalableList: Index 5 outside the arrowed range [0::4].

Angie
    martes, 04 de octubre de 2011 13:09
  • Download all reports from report server into SSRS project -> reports. It should cause reloading reports.

Also, see http://www.bidn.com/blogs/DustinRyan/ssis/125/ssrs-2008-index-was-out-of-range-error

Sergei
    miércoles, 05 de octubre de 2011 9:43
  • I am using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers Version 10.50.1600.1 on a windows 7 machine.  The problem described above is exactly what I am running into.  If I first click on the print layout the print button works just fine.  However, from my report server the behavior also causes IE9 to hand when the print button is clicked before the page layout button.

Rodney

miércoles, 03 de octubre de 2012 17:11
  • Was there a solution to this problem because the entry checked as answered does not seem to work for me.

I have the reports sperate from the server, I have loaded them as individual RDL files into my project.

Everything runs in preview mode and I can get around the project and reports just fine until I go to print.

SOLUTION FOR ME:  When I adjusted my report WIDTH Property and revised it downwards to be within the 8x11 page size the printing started to work.

• Propuesto como respuesta Brian Ha jueves, 14 de febrero de 2013 19:07
    • Editado Brian Ha jueves, 14 de febrero de 2013 19:08
    miércoles, 13 de febrero de 2013 16:29
  • I am having the exact same problem. I am using SSRS Report Developer to run a report locally on my workstation. I am using the report to analyze my data. I have been running the report a couple of days with different parameters. In some cases, I want to print out the report to document various cases. When I try to print the report, the BI Development Studio hangs and takes approximately 25% of the CPU. I checked the printer icon on the workstation and it shows the report is spooling. My only recourse has been to cancel the BI Development Studio session. In some cases,  I am able to run the report without problems on a new session. I am running SQL Server 2008 R2. If anyone can give me any clues, I would be grateful.
    jueves, 18 de julio de 2013 22:04