none
SQL Server 2008 WEB EDITION Pull Replication - No SQL Agent Task Created

Domanda

• Hi,

When creating pull replication on a SQL Server 2008 Web Edition (10.0.1600.22) - it creates the pull replication properly. However, when attempting to view the job history it says: "An agent job has not been created for this subscription."

There is indeed no agent job in the SQL Server Agent for the replication. 

However, when trying to run the 

exec sp_addpullsubscription_agent @publisher = N'PUBLISHER_SERVER', @publisher_db = N'TestDB', @publication = N'TestDB', @distributor = N'PUBLISHER-SERVER', @distributor_security_mode = 1, @distributor_login = N'', @distributor_password = null, @enabled_for_syncmgr = N'False', @frequency_type = 64, @frequency_interval = 0, @frequency_relative_interval = 0, @frequency_recurrence_factor = 0, @frequency_subday = 0, @frequency_subday_interval = 0, @active_start_time_of_day = 0, @active_end_time_of_day = 235959, @active_start_date = 20100308, @active_end_date = 99991231, @alt_snapshot_folder = N'', @working_directory = N'', @use_ftp = N'False', @job_login = null, @job_password = null, @publication_type = 0
    GO

it says:

Msg 21002, Level 11, State 1, Procedure sp_addpullsubscription_agent, Line 250
    The Distribution Agent for this subscription already exists (PUBLISHERSERVER-TestDB-TestDB-SUBSCRIBERSERVER-ReplTestDB-9C3FB142-47A7-455E-AB44-35FE4D2AFBB3).

If it already exists, where is and how to run it?

I am running it on the SUBSCRIBER box (the one that is Sql Server 2008 Web Edition).

Do you by any chance have access to a Web Edition box that you can try creating a PULL subscription on and seeing if it actually creates the SQL Agent Job. For me, it creates the pull subscription, but NOT the SQL Agent Job.

I am able to use the command line tool to do the synch, but this is not convenient. I would like it to create the SQL Agent Job as it should.

What I am trying to figure out is this:

* Is this by design a limitation of the SQL Server Web Edition

* Is there a bug that prevents it from creating the SQL Agent Job for the pull agent.

Hopefully, someone from Microsoft can comment.

Thanks,
    Arsen
    martedì 23 marzo 2010 14:38

Tutte le risposte

• Hi Arsen, I believe I can confirm the creation of the agent Job for the subscription does not get created on a SQL Server 2008 R2 Web Edition version 10.0.1600.22.  I just encountered this issue and trying to figure out a solution to the issue. I created the subscription not using a script but using the New Subscription Wizard.  I can also confirm the pull replication seems to have been created correctly as well.  I have created this pull subscriptions a millon times using multiple versions of 2005/ 2008/ 2008 R2 versions an never encountered this before.  However the majority of my clients are always using the Standard Edition versions, this is the first time I have tried it on a Web Edition. 

Did you find a solution to this?  Can you provide me the command line syntax you are using to run the db sync.

Thanks,

Marcel

lunedì 30 aprile 2012 14:21
  • Hi Arsen,

This must be a duplicate thread, I found my solution in teh other thread which is: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlreplication/thread/2c64499d-619b-4cb4-acaa-ef1d24722d9f

Marcel

lunedì 30 aprile 2012 14:26