none
Installing SQL Server R2 on new system

질문

• I am attempting to install SQL Server R2 Developer Edition on a Windows 7 x64 system.  I get the following error:

The program or feature "\??\C:Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatiblity with 64-bit version of Windows.  Please contact the the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Any assistance is appreciated.

2011년 6월 13일 월요일 오후 3:27

답변

• I am still having the same problem as originally posted with csc.exe.  I am running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.  I am trying to install SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer from MSDN Subscriptions.  I have used the .NET Framework Setup Verification tool from Aaron Stebner's WebLog to verify the installation of .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1 along with .NET Framework 4 Client and .NET Framework Full.  I have followed the instructions at

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/86959-access-vista-install-dvd-files.html

referneced in MSDN Blogs > Aaron Stebner's WebLog > How to repair the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on Windows Vista

as suggested in the reference above.  This includes moving a clean copy of csc.exe to my system.   I have not made any changes to the registry entries as mentioned at the end of the Vista blog.

Thanks for your suggestions.  It may be time to do a complete new install of Windows 7 and start over.

Marv

• 답변으로 제안됨 Peja Tao 2011년 7월 1일 금요일 오전 1:49
    • 답변으로 표시됨 Peja Tao 2011년 7월 6일 수요일 오전 1:10
    2011년 6월 30일 목요일 오후 4:15

모든 응답

• Hello,

Try copying the SQL Server media to a local disk, and install from there.

Hope this helps.  

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

2011년 6월 13일 월요일 오후 3:45
  • I received the same error message after attempting to install from drive C.
    2011년 6월 13일 월요일 오후 4:28
  • Hello,

Please try to repair .Net Framework:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

Hope this helps.  

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

2011년 6월 13일 월요일 오후 6:33
  • Hi MarvVW,

Could you please provide the detail version of SQL Server R2 Developer and Windows7 x64?
    Are they SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer (64-bit)  , SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer (32-bit),  Windows7 x64 Enterprise, Windows7 x64 Professional and etc. ?
    Please first check the compatibility by following Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server 2008 R2:

And .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 is a must for installing SQL Server 2008 R2.And SQL Server does not install the .NET Framework 3.5 software development kit (SDK). However, the SDK contains tools that are useful when you use the .NET Framework for SQL Server development. You can download the .NET Framework SDK from the .NET Framework Web site.

Before installing .Net Framework 3.5 SP1, please first repair .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 suggested by Alberto.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    2011년 6월 15일 수요일 오전 8:36
  • You may try reinstalling the windows installer and .NET framework,

Step 1: Download and install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.

Step 2: Download and install Windows Installer 4.5.

see http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=22 for more information.

Satya SKJ, SQL Server MVP [Knowledge Sharing Network - www.sqlserver-qa.net]
    Author of SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration cookbook.
    Follow me @sqlmaster.
    2011년 6월 15일 수요일 오전 11:05
  • I am still having the same problem as originally posted with csc.exe.  I am running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.  I am trying to install SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer from MSDN Subscriptions.  I have used the .NET Framework Setup Verification tool from Aaron Stebner's WebLog to verify the installation of .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1 along with .NET Framework 4 Client and .NET Framework Full.  I have followed the instructions at

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/86959-access-vista-install-dvd-files.html

referneced in MSDN Blogs > Aaron Stebner's WebLog > How to repair the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 on Windows Vista

as suggested in the reference above.  This includes moving a clean copy of csc.exe to my system.   I have not made any changes to the registry entries as mentioned at the end of the Vista blog.

Thanks for your suggestions.  It may be time to do a complete new install of Windows 7 and start over.

Marv

• 답변으로 제안됨 Peja Tao 2011년 7월 1일 금요일 오전 1:49
    • 답변으로 표시됨 Peja Tao 2011년 7월 6일 수요일 오전 1:10
    2011년 6월 30일 목요일 오후 4:15
  • I've tried running sfc, but on just csc.exe and a full /scannow.  I've even tried creating a repair disc, booting into recovery, and running it in offline mode.  It fails to update csc every time and I can't install SQL-S 2008 R2 SP1.  I'm running Windows 7.
    2012년 1월 18일 수요일 오전 1:50
  • Anyone from Microsfot have a clue?  Now that Sql Server 2012 is out I'd like to just remove Sql 2008 but i can't because I get this error just running setup.exe.

2012년 4월 18일 수요일 오전 1:20
  • Usually CSC error are related to registry being corrupted,

you have one of three options

1-Re install .NET framework

2-Re install OS

3-use tool to fix registry- this is risky approach

Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you.
    This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2012년 4월 18일 수요일 오전 2:32