none
Problem Doing SQL 2005 DB Restore - Media Families

질문

• I did a full DB backup that I am trying now to restore via the SQL Server Management Studio.

I select "Restore" and then "From Device" and point to the bak file that I want to restore from.

I then go into the Options page and check "Overwrite the existing database".

Below that, shows the Restore the database files as

RB_Data_Services_MSCRM

RB_Data_Services_MSCRM_Log

sysft_ftcat_documentindex

When I then click OK I get the following error.  The Media Set has 3 Media Families but only 1 are provided.  All members must be provided.

Any ideas as to what I did to do to be able to complete this restore?

Thank

Rick Bellefond

2007년 2월 7일 수요일 오후 6:39

모든 응답

• Have you treid using RESTORE statement from query analyzer?
    2007년 2월 9일 금요일 오후 1:20
    중재자
  • Check that Database Name of the Database your are restoring matches that of the database your are resoring too.
    2007년 7월 24일 화요일 오전 2:53
  • Seems like backup exist in multiple files and somehow you missed one of them

try to restore header only and see if you are getting header details or not.

2012년 7월 5일 목요일 오전 7:49
  • It seems your backup is splited into 3 files but at time of restore you are providing only 1 backup file.

Check the no. of files in which backup is splited by below command & use all file to restore the database.

RESTORE HEADERONLY
    FROM DISK = '<backup file location>'

Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful  if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

2012년 7월 5일 목요일 오전 9:38
  • Seems like backup exist in multiple files and somehow you missed one of them

try to restore header only and see if you are getting header details or not.

hi RahulKapoor & RhitGarg

look at the date of the first and last posting - February 2007 / July 2007.

I don't believe that your answers would be helpfully to anymore to the original poster

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

2012년 7월 5일 목요일 오후 6:22