none
Query Designer Toolbar

질문

• I have added the Query Designer toolbar to my Management Studio environment.  After open a new query window this toolbar stays greyed out.  How can I use this toolbar with my queries?

Thanks,

2006년 4월 10일 월요일 오후 1:55

답변

• If you click on the "New Query" button, it brings up a SQL Editor, not Query Designer.  They are two different tools.  You can bring up a Query Designer by selecting a query from SQL Editor and selecting "Design Query in Editor" option from right-click menu.

2006년 4월 14일 금요일 오후 4:37
  • Hello CRdesigner,

The only thing that should be greyed out from the toolbar should be "Change Type" button.  Other buttons should still be available for you to use.  The "Change Type" button has been greyed out intentionally.  We are hoping to bring it back in future versions.  You can use "Change Type" if you bring up a Query Designer from Visual Studio.

Thanks!

2006년 4월 14일 금요일 오전 8:54

모든 응답

• Hello CRdesigner,

The only thing that should be greyed out from the toolbar should be "Change Type" button.  Other buttons should still be available for you to use.  The "Change Type" button has been greyed out intentionally.  We are hoping to bring it back in future versions.  You can use "Change Type" if you bring up a Query Designer from Visual Studio.

Thanks!

2006년 4월 14일 금요일 오전 8:54
  • Hi Young Joo-MSFT,

Thanks for responding.

When I click on the New Query button it opens a new window.  All the buttons on the Query Designer toolbar are greyed out.  Why is that?

2006년 4월 14일 금요일 오후 2:46
  • If you click on the "New Query" button, it brings up a SQL Editor, not Query Designer.  They are two different tools.  You can bring up a Query Designer by selecting a query from SQL Editor and selecting "Design Query in Editor" option from right-click menu.

2006년 4월 14일 금요일 오후 4:37
  • Was a solution ever found?  I am also not able to use the Query Designer toolbar.  The buttons are all greyed out...

2006년 12월 27일 수요일 오후 10:59
  •  

Hello Young Joo,

Can you provide any insight as to why this button was disabled?  I used it fairly often and never encountered any functionality issues.  Having to go into VS is a rather awkward solution, I think.  I'm a database designer who works with SQL Server exclusively through SSMS.  I don't understand why I should have to go to another tool for one aspect of database administration.

Thank you for your time.

2008년 8월 12일 화요일 오후 3:38
  • I can't provide insight as to why these buttons weren't enabled for the New Query window, but an alternative is to click View-New View and create your query there instead of using New Query.  This will give you all of the functionality the original poster was looking for without having to go to VS.  It also allows you to check the syntax, run the query and see the results.  I like it better than Query Editor because it doesn't prohibit you from clicking other tabs in SSMS as a modal window.  You can always copy the query when you're finished with the design and paste it back into the new query window in order to save it or modify it further to save as a stored procedure.
    2008년 10월 1일 수요일 오후 8:54
  • I'm having the exact same problem. It seems like with Mgmt Studio 2005 you can only use the query designer options only if you are connecting to a 2005 db?

I'm connecting with Mgmt Studio 08 express to sql server 08 express. I can edit the queries fine in the query designer. However I want to be able to quickly access these tools. I have added the 'View Designer' toolbar. These options (Show diagram pane, Show query pane, etc ). are always grayed out.

Also when you click on 'Design Query in Editor' it really should insert your query into the editor that pops up. I have to highlight the query first every time. (i get that its probably meant for multiple queries).

2008년 10월 23일 목요일 오후 5:35
  • If anyone is looking for a way to get the "Design Query in Editor" button on the toolbar so you don't have to go through the trouble of using right-click you can add the button by:

Go to View menu and select Toolbars

Select the Commands Tab

Select the Query Category

The 6th button down should be the "Design Query in Editor" button

Drag it to where you want it on your toolbar

• 답변으로 제안됨 effiquest 2010년 10월 5일 화요일 오전 2:42
    2010년 4월 14일 수요일 오후 5:24
  • right click in work space of the query designer and you can select 'Change Type', which if one of the usefull options on the tool bar that is now grayed out.

2010년 10월 5일 화요일 오전 2:45
  • You should be able to activate this toolbar by right-clicking a table in the Object Explorer and selecting 'Edit Top X Rows'. This allows you to work without the restriction of the pop-up editor window.
    • 답변으로 제안됨 AnIdeaLover 2010년 10월 12일 화요일 오후 7:20
    2010년 10월 12일 화요일 오후 6:33
  • i had have the same problem thanks for your solution AnIdeaLover, 
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Rich Diehl 2012년 12월 10일 월요일 오후 5:28
    2011년 12월 4일 일요일 오후 5:41
  • I have bring out the Query Designer from Visual Studio, but the "Change Type" Button still Grey !  please help
    2012년 7월 6일 금요일 오후 1:09