none
Installing MS SQL PHP drivers under Windows 2008 Server

Pergunta

• Hi All,

We are trying to setup MS SQL Server access from PHP 5.4 under Apache 2.2. The host is a Windows Server 2008 SP2 Enterprise. We downloaded the drivers from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20098 (file SQLSRV30.EXE).

When we run the installer, no matter what target folder we select, we get this error message:

"That folder is invalid. Please make sure the folder exists and is writable"

Can anybody provide any hint on this? Or at least point us to a compressed file to extract the right files from. Thank you very much in advance.

Edo.

sexta-feira, 6 de julho de 2012 13:39

Respostas

• Are you saying you can't extract the files from SQLSRV30.exe ?

Are you running it as administrator?  Right-click SQLSRV30.exe and run-as administrator.

If you cannot do that, you could install WinRAR and open it as a WinRAR archive.

Rob

• Marcado como Resposta Edoman domingo, 8 de julho de 2012 00:55
    sexta-feira, 6 de julho de 2012 15:26

Todas as Respostas

• Are you saying you can't extract the files from SQLSRV30.exe ?

Are you running it as administrator?  Right-click SQLSRV30.exe and run-as administrator.

If you cannot do that, you could install WinRAR and open it as a WinRAR archive.

Rob

• Marcado como Resposta Edoman domingo, 8 de julho de 2012 00:55
    sexta-feira, 6 de julho de 2012 15:26
  • Does it work if you extract it to your user's directory? Did you try re-downloading the file? Is it corrupt?

You can get an md5sum and compare it to this:
    MD5 (SQLSRV30.EXE) = 25ad537e9652d7a54e782aa9994b4fde

Cheers,

Jonathan

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

sexta-feira, 6 de julho de 2012 18:33
  • Robert,

Thank you for your answer. I downloaded the file twice in different machines, with the same result. I will try WinRAR, as you suggest.

Cheers.

sábado, 7 de julho de 2012 13:43
  • Jonathan,

As I mentioned earlier, I downloaded the file twice, in different PCs: same result.

I will try Robert's suggestion.

Thank you.

sábado, 7 de julho de 2012 13:44
  • Are these PCs behind the same firewall/router? I just downloaded it on my home PC and I can extract it fine.

Can you please try this link? It's the same file, but I'm hosting it on my Dropbox.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2451223/SQLSRV30.EXE

Also, please try this one next, as your Antivirus could be messing up the executable:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2451223/SQLSRV30.zip

Cheers,

Jonathan

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

domingo, 8 de julho de 2012 18:40
  • Thanks Rob.  I was seeing the same error.  The instructions did not say to run as Administrator, but doing so got past this error for me.
    sexta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2013 04:28
  • Same problem here. Tested on three machines (1x WinXP, 1x Vista 32bit, 1x Win7 64bit). Not executable.

Got the content out with a packer tool.

quarta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2013 17:06