none
"Pasting data failed" when importing Excel data into PowerPivot for Excel.

Общие обсуждения

• I have a sheet with approximately 55,000 records from a customer in Excel format. When I highlight the range and click "Create a linked table" I get the following error...

Pasting data failed.

The details are...

============================
    Error Message:

XML parsing failed at line 7004, column 34: Illegal xml character.
    ----------------------------
    Pasting data failed.

Call Stack:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DataModelingSandbox.ExecuteRawCaptureLogInBackground(OperationType type, Boolean cancellable)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DataModelingSandbox.ExecuteCaptureLogAndProcessResults(OperationType type, Boolean cancellable, Boolean raw)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DataModelingSandbox.ExecuteCustomBuiltXmla(OperationType type, OperationCancellability cancellable, XmlWriterCode code)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.PushDataChunk(String sessionId, Dimension dimension, Object[][] data, PushedDataInfo pushedDataInfo)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.PushData(String sessionId, Dimension dimension, PushedDataSource pushedDataSource, PushedDataInfo pushedDataInfo, Dictionary`2 columnOrderMap)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.CreateLinkedTableInternal(CreateTableParameters parameters)
    ----------------------------
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.CreateLinkedTableInternal(CreateTableParameters parameters)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.PushedDataTable.CreateLinkedTable(String tableName, IExcelTableDataReader excelTableReader)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.Storage.DataModelingSandbox.CreateLinkedTable(String tableName, IExcelTableDataReader excelTableReader)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.ClientWindow.CreateLinkedTable()

I have seen another forum post with this same error and have followed the instructions given - copy the data out to Notepad and copy back to remove unprintable characters - but this hasn't worked.

I've also tried copying to Notepad, saving the text file and re-importing the file into Excel. This new file also causes the same error on exactly the same column and row.

Finally I've tried opening PowerPivot and tried importing the text file as an external source. This reads without a problem, but now I can't work out how to create linked tables for the dimensions.

I've also tried removing the offending row of data and even removed the entire column but the error persists. In fact even if I remove a lot of rows and columns I still get an identical error on the same row and column.

Please can you take a look at this and see if this is a bug with the using Excel as a source or whether I am doing something wrong?

15 марта 2011 г. 16:42

Все ответы