none
'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' is not registered on local machine

    Вопрос

  • Hi all of you,

    Primary platform is Framework 2.0 running over XP.

     

    I've got an issue with a SSIS package which uses Oracle Provider for OleDB:

     

    Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider 'OraOLEDB.Oracle.1' is not registered on local machine

     

    Nevertheless, MS Ole DB Provider for Oracle works fine. Let me know where am I failing.

     

    Thanks in advance,

Ответы

Все ответы

  • Try reinstalling the Oracle client.
    7 июня 2007 г. 11:33
  • Thanks for your answer Phil.

    I've got a question.. If I do such thing, my tnsnames.ora will be destroyed? 'suppose so

     

    Anyway, I think that my problem is other one..

     

    7 июня 2007 г. 12:24
  • Copy your tnsnames.ora file to another name and then restore it when done.  Which is something you should be doing anyway -- backing it up.

    You can try just reinstalling the OLE provider: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/ole_db/index.html
    7 июня 2007 г. 12:32
  • Hi Phil,

    Thanks indeed. It works fine. I'm sorry for my scepticism.

     

     

    7 июня 2007 г. 15:04
  • Hi Phil.

      I am also having this problem, made sure that the ACL are read and execute for ASPNET, IUSR, IWAM users on the server.  The app is .NET 2.0 by a vendor that is using the following connection string. names change to protect the innocent. 

     

    Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=pass;User ID=user; Data Source=ds'/>

     

    Unfortunately the vendor has no answers...

     

    My question is that I have been told by my DBA that reinstalling doesn't always reinstall correctly as the registry entries still exists.  Am I being told correctly?  Also,  If I reinstall, am I creating a new Oracle_Home that I would have set up in the OBDC administrator.

    7 июня 2007 г. 20:30
  •  n2magick wrote:

    Hi Phil.

    I am also having this problem, made sure that the ACL are read and execute for ASPNET, IUSR, IWAM users on the server. The app is .NET 2.0 by a vendor that is using the following connection string. names change to protect the innocent.

    Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=pass;User ID=user; Data Source=ds'/>

    Unfortunately the vendor has no answers...

    My question is that I have been told by my DBA that reinstalling doesn't always reinstall correctly as the registry entries still exists. Am I being told correctly? Also, If I reinstall, am I creating a new Oracle_Home that I would have set up in the OBDC administrator.



    Right, but are you using SSIS?  If not, I'm afraid I cannot help you...  It seems that you have several layers that could be causing you issues.
    7 июня 2007 г. 20:37
  • Thanks Phil for answering my question.  No I am not using SSIS.  Just happen on the post doing a search trying to find the answer to my problem.  Smile

     

    Thanks again for your prompt answer.

    LuAnn

     

    7 июня 2007 г. 20:47
  • I nearly pulled my hair out finding the solution to this problem.

    In the end I installed "32-bit Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) with Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio" on my 64 bit system, and it solved the problem.

    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/dotnet/utilsoft-086879.html

    • Предложено в качестве ответа neilg075 16 сентября 2012 г. 15:01
    16 сентября 2012 г. 15:01