none
Maintenance Plan is not opening on SQL Server 2005 SP2

คำตอบ

• Hi Umapathy

When did you applyed Service Pack..Seems to be an problem with service pack upgrade. Please try the following solution.

This steps provided by Mike Lenz and worked for many of our friends. Please check this link

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqltools/thread/3e53ba8b-ea23-4629-98db-43c80ba9888e

This problem occurs if some of the stored procedures while installing SP2 has not been applied successfully. So manually run the script below and it may resolve your issue. It resolved ours and we went throught exact same process of re-installing several times.

1)       First go to the folder Install . The default location is this = “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Install “ .

Please post back still your issue not resolves.

2)      Then in this folder find this “sysdbupg.sql” .

3)      Please open this script with a nodepad.

4)      Then copy the whole script and then paste it in the Query window of the Management studio.

5)      Then execute this script.

6)      Once this script has been successfully executed, The issue should be resolved.

Nag Pal MCTS/MCITP (SQL Server 2005/2008) :: Please Mark Answer/vote if it is helpful ::
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Umapathy Desineni 21 กรกฎาคม 2554 17:46
    20 กรกฎาคม 2554 19:32

ตอบทั้งหมด

•  

Hi Umapathy

Try this below step and please paste the if you get error message again.

1. from start --> run
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll

2. stop and start "management studio"
    3. try saving maintenance plan. This should work.

Nag Pal MCTS/MCITP (SQL Server 2005/2008) :: Please vote if it is helpful ::
    19 กรกฎาคม 2554 19:34
  • HI Nag Pal,

Thanks for responding on this issue. I would like to know before I apply this on prodcution server.

Could you please tell me what this .dll will do and what is the rollback plan incase if anything goes wrong by executing this.

Stop and start Mgmt studio means restart SQL server? Pl clarify me..

Thanks in advance for your inputs

Regards,

Umapathy

20 กรกฎาคม 2554 8:07
  •  

Hi Umapathy

The MSXML3.DLL is a Windows-based file that is needed to run certain applications and programs.  ‘XML’ stands for Extensible Mark-up Language and the file MSXML3.DLL is required Windows to read and interpret certain pieces of data that is written in XML.  The XML format is very common with Internet applications.  The particular MSXML3.DLL file is linked with Microsoft’s MSXML3 SP7 for Windows. It forms part of your Windows DLL files and registry operating system.

Please go throw this Link http://msxml3dll.net/ 

Stop and start Mgmt studio means restart SQL server? Pl clarify me.. ::: Just you have close your SSMS apply the above mentioned registry and

Reopen ssms No need to stop/restart SQL Server Services.

Nag Pal MCTS/MCITP (SQL Server 2005/2008) :: Please Mark Answer/vote if it is helpful ::
    20 กรกฎาคม 2554 17:34
  • Hi Nag Pal,

No luck on this. It didn't work. Btw, I have 2 instaces on this Machine. One is SQL 2005 RTM which is working fine

Regards,

Umapathy

20 กรกฎาคม 2554 19:00
  • Hi Umapathy

When did you applyed Service Pack..Seems to be an problem with service pack upgrade. Please try the following solution.

This steps provided by Mike Lenz and worked for many of our friends. Please check this link

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqltools/thread/3e53ba8b-ea23-4629-98db-43c80ba9888e

This problem occurs if some of the stored procedures while installing SP2 has not been applied successfully. So manually run the script below and it may resolve your issue. It resolved ours and we went throught exact same process of re-installing several times.

1)       First go to the folder Install . The default location is this = “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Install “ .

Please post back still your issue not resolves.

2)      Then in this folder find this “sysdbupg.sql” .

3)      Please open this script with a nodepad.

4)      Then copy the whole script and then paste it in the Query window of the Management studio.

5)      Then execute this script.

6)      Once this script has been successfully executed, The issue should be resolved.

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Umapathy Desineni 21 กรกฎาคม 2554 17:46
    20 กรกฎาคม 2554 19:32
  • Hi Nag Pal,

No luck on this. It didn't work. Btw, I have 2 instaces on this Machine. One is SQL 2005 RTM which is working fine

Regards,

Umapathy

This issue usually happens when you use an lower built number to connect to an instance of SQL Server with higher built number. Please check the built number of the Management Studio via Help -> About and you can see its version in the first row. If its built number turns out to be lower than 9.0.3042 (SP2), you can apply run SQL Server 2005 SP2 to upgrade the Management Studio to resolve this issue.

As a side note, only SQL Server 2005 SP4 is mainstream supported by Microsoft, you may consider to upgrade all of your instances and clients tools to SP4 directly.

Best Regards
    Alex Feng | Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    21 กรกฎาคม 2554 8:10
  • Hi Nag pal,

Yes. It fix the issue. Now, am able to create Maintenance plan and save successfully.

Have seen this article earlier, but didn't  dare to execute since it is updating sys db stored procedures..Planned for upgrade SP4.But, I did this by getting your article as well.

Thanks Nag Pal for your timely help on this..

Regards,

Umapathy

21 กรกฎาคม 2554 17:51
  • Sir can u solve my problem,

In sql server 2005 i have getting a msg

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.(mscorlb).

Additional information:

=> An OLEDB error(login timeout expired) occured while enumerating packages. A sql statement was issued and failed.

=> An OLEDB error 0x80004005 (login timeout expired) occured while enumerating packages. A sql statement was issued and failed.

please find solution for my problem,

thanks in advance........

14 พฤษภาคม 2555 12:27
  • Sir can u solve my problem,

In sql server 2005 i have getting a msg

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.(mscorlb).

Additional information:

=> An OLEDB error(login timeout expired) occured while enumerating packages. A sql statement was issued and failed.

=> An OLEDB error 0x80004005 (login timeout expired) occured while enumerating packages. A sql statement was issued and failed.

please find solution for my problem,

thanks in advance........

14 พฤษภาคม 2555 12:27