none
Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21

问题

• Hi All,

Sorry...I know this may not be right forum to ask this question but I have already posted this question in SSIS forum but no response from anyone yet.

If you would have been seen this situation then can you please help me on the same.

I am trying to execute SSIS package which has data flow task.In OLE DB Source I am using the MDX query and I want to redirect the output to .csv file.There are no errors even validation are shown in the task but when I am executing the package it is getting failed with following errors.

[OLE DB Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: component "OLE DB Source" (1) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202009.

I am really not able to find the root cause of this errors. Can you please guide?

I suscpect as MDX query return all data in WT_DSTR format and which is not getting mapped correctly in .csv file.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

2011年7月7日 10:58

答案

• I was able to solve this problem by changing the Analysis services connection from 10.0 to 9.0.

This is really weird but solved my problem.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

• 已标记为答案 Abhiyanta 2011年8月6日 12:52
    2011年8月6日 12:52

全部回复

• Hi Sorna,

Thanks for your reply.

I have two databases QA and Prod, SSIS package is now working fine on QA Analysis  Services database but it is not working in Prod Analysis Services database.

I am not able to find what is the root cause of failure in production analysis services database.

Would there be some issue with permissions but MDX query is executing fine on production database through SSMS.

Still lost in the issue.Can anybody suggest their views on the same?

Thanks,

Vaibhav

2011年7月8日 12:22
  • Hi Vaibhav,

Please add Data Viewers for MDX query datasource to check whether the query can return the data. If not, post the MDX query here used in the datasource component, besides, describes your package in more details for us.

I suscpect as MDX query return all data in WT_DSTR format and which is not getting mapped correctly in .csv file.

If it was the cause, drag and drop a Derived Column component to connect the DataSource, then convert the original WT_DSTR data as you want like this:

(DT_NUMERIC,12,2)[Internet Sales Amount]

thanks,
    Jerry

2011年7月11日 10:01
  • If the same package is working in your QA environment but not in your production environment, and assuming those two environments are in sync, I would guess that it is permissions related. Under what user context is the package being executed in production and do they have permissions to access the cube?

If you are using SQL Agent to execute the package, it may be that you need to have the package execute using a proxy related to a credential whose assigned account is able to access the cube.

http://bi-logger.blogspot.com/
    2011年7月11日 13:01
  • Thank you Jerry and Philip for your replies.

MDX query executes successfully in SSMS that means their no issues with the query.

Whenever I click on preview in OLE DB Source task nothing is getting displayed.

I also suspect that it might be due to the permissions issue.I am checking the same with OLAP support group.

I will get to back to you if issue is not getting sloved further.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

2011年7月12日 12:03
  • I was able to solve this problem by changing the Analysis services connection from 10.0 to 9.0.

This is really weird but solved my problem.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

• 已标记为答案 Abhiyanta 2011年8月6日 12:52
    2011年8月6日 12:52
  • I had the same problem and after many hours of frustration I changed the Analysis connection settings from 11 to 10 and it worked fine. Here is snapshot if anyone is having the same issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

2012年4月24日 8:38