none
colours disappear when excuting SSIS package

问题

• Normally when I execute a SSIS package from within Visual Studio (version 2008),  each task moves from white to yellow to green.  I can also see the execution progress and results.

I typically have VS up all day, and usually for several days.

Sometimes when I execute a pakage the colours do not appear, I can not see the execution progress or results, and I do not know if it has finished or is successful.

The only way to get the colours back is to close visual Studio down then start up agai, it then works ok.

I was thinking it might be lacking in some resources but it can happen after I have rebooted and only running VS for a short time.  I had the problem with VS 2005 as well.

Any thoughts on how I fix this?

Cheers

2012年3月8日 23:07

全部回复

• I met this same problem before. There is nothing can be fixed on this 'feature'.  There are server steps when process the SSIS, the first step is the package verification, during this period there is no color showing on the boxes. In other words, when you see the yellow, that means the SSIS has been pasted the verification period. 

There is easier way to monitor this process by using SQL profiler.

2012年3月9日 14:30
  • Hi PatrickFeng,

please write in detail that how to monitor ETL process in SQL profiler.

thanks in advance.

zaim raza

• 已建议为答案 Zaim Raza 2012年3月14日 13:49
    • 取消建议作为答案 Zaim Raza 2012年3月14日 13:50
    2012年3月10日 5:22
  • I met this same problem before. There is nothing can be fixed on this 'feature'.  There are server steps when process the SSIS, the first step is the package verification, during this period there is no color showing on the boxes. In other words, when you see the yellow, that means the SSIS has been pasted the verification period. 

There is easier way to monitor this process by using SQL profiler.

I don't think this is the same problem.  It never gets to the yellow, It will pass verification and can run until completion but show no colours.
    2012年3月11日 20:17
  • Do. Not. Trust. The. BIDS. Designer. Ever.

Look at the output window or the progress tab to follow what is going on.
    Do not look at the pretty colours, they can be wrong from time to time. :)

MCTS, MCITP - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.
    Answer #1: Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Answer #2: It depends...

• 已建议为答案 grahan007 2012年3月12日 12:58
    2012年3月12日 7:04
  • Hi,

This will happens because of system is busy and Tasks will be not be trun in to green althogh process over....!

2012年3月12日 11:22
  • Do. Not. Trust. The. BIDS. Designer. Ever.

Look at the output window or the progress tab to follow what is going on.
    Do not look at the pretty colours, they can be wrong from time to time. :)

Answer #1: Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Answer #2: It depends...

Unfortuanately the progress tab doesn't change either
    2012年3月13日 4:25
  • Hi,

This will happens because of system is busy and Tasks will be not be trun in to green althogh process over....!

Which system is busy? I sort of agree this could be the issue but I can close BIDS down then bring it up again and it works.

2012年3月13日 4:26
  • Ah, I see. Maybe you could try re-installing BIDS?

Since you mentioned that you also had the problem with VS2005, it might be a local issue.

2012年3月13日 6:01
  • Finally I tried this.

I deleteed SQL Server 2008 r2 and reinstalled with sp1 and still the same problem

My collegue has it as well.

2012年5月1日 5:44