none
Dynamic collection creation-Non clients

Dotaz

• Hello all,

I have a central and six primary servers under it.

I have been assigned the job of SCCM troubleshooting and I would need to begin right away.

Now, I would need to create a dynamic collection of the non-clients in each primary site server. I have a tried a couple of ways and i found that its not giving the right results.

In short, I would need to create a dynamic collection in each primary site server,which gives me the non-clients list only in that particular primay site and not others. This helps me in working on one site at a time and troubleshoot the unhelathy clients.

Please help me in this regard and please share the right query to get such a collection.

Regards,
    Madhu
    26. března 2012 10:48

Odpovědi

• Hi Madhusudan,

there is no need to create collection in all primary server, just create the collection in central server and then go the primary site you will find the same collection with the lock on it and that collection will show clients reporting to that primary.

there is a default collection in the root with the name all non-clients that you can use.

-
    ------------------------------------------
    Ur's -> SithaYuvaraj | SCCM Administrator
    -
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.
    -

• Označen jako odpověď Yog Li 3. dubna 2012 5:28
    26. března 2012 12:00

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

If you want to create the collection at each primary site then you don't have to handle the site-code, there is a built-in query in SCCM for all Non-Clients.

Here is the query used, ti will give you all non-clients:

Select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.Client = 0 or SMS_R_System.Client is NULL

regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

26. března 2012 11:03
  • Hi Madhusudan,

there is no need to create collection in all primary server, just create the collection in central server and then go the primary site you will find the same collection with the lock on it and that collection will show clients reporting to that primary.

there is a default collection in the root with the name all non-clients that you can use.

-
    Ur's -> SithaYuvaraj | SCCM Administrator
    -
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.
    -

• Označen jako odpověď Yog Li 3. dubna 2012 5:28
    26. března 2012 12:00
  • Hi Jorgen,

Many thanks for your response.

The result of the query is not the expected one,it gives me 4000+ results of unhealthy clients but actually its just around 500 for this particular primary site (which i got from the central site).
    My main aim is to troubleshoot client agent installation on 1500 workstations which are spread across six primary sites. I believe I can do it only from that particular primary site to which the client belongs to. So, its important that i get a dynamic collection of unhealthy clients to work with everyday. Also I have to show the decreasing number to the management!!

Please let me know what I am missing here? Do I have to include any other conditions to get the desired result?

Regards,
    Madhu

26. března 2012 12:05
  • Hi Sitha..

Appreciate your time to respond.

The central server shows me the right number of unhealthy clients combined for all the primary sites (which is close to 1500), but the same collection (called as Non-client) in the primary server shows me around 4000 as unhealthy clients.

Please let me know if i have to add any additional condition to get the result only for that particualr primary site.

Thanks.  .  .

26. března 2012 12:13