none
IIS problem / SCE - 2010 will not push updates to XP machines (but Vista & up are fine)

Frage

• Good morning,

I have SCE-2010 (installed on Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise) pushing updates to my computers.  Recently, I migrated WhatsUpGold 14.4 to this server (as I didn't want that item virtualized, in case systems went down).Once that was done, IIS would not work for WhatsUpGold, so we did this:

Whatsuplink

(Answer ID1251 - as that is a really long link)

Which fixed WhatsupGold, but broke updates for XP.

Since XP is old, it relies on this archaic IIS piece to check for updates, so right now my XP machines are not updating (but Vista and newer are just fine).

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to roll back the compression changes, and basically un-break IIS.  Also, one of the other options is to re-install WSUS, but is that as simple as removing it from add / remove programs, or will that break all my update settings / DB / downloads as well?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2011 17:54

Alle Antworten

• Hello,

WSUS is an integrated part of the SCE server, you cannot just re-install WSUS without breaking the SCE server. Instead, you should re-install the SCE server.

A better solution is restore your Windows Server 2008 to a previuos point before the installation of WhatsUpGold. And we do not suggest you installing any third-party softwares on the SCE server.

If you will re-install the SCE server, follow the articles below:

Backup and Restore of System Center Essentials

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Montag, 16. Mai 2011 11:51
  • That's going to be a nightmare... I was afraid of that. SCE is setup and working perfectly minus the IIS part. Is there no way to restore just WSUS' IIS settings, or a list of the recommended settings for IIS?
    Dienstag, 17. Mai 2011 00:00
  • Can you verify if compression is disabled? if so, try enabling it. Else, resotration is a good idea as Yog suggested.

Ketan Thakkar | Microsoft Online Community Support
    Freitag, 20. Mai 2011 12:13