none
quata feature of SSP does not work as expected

Frage

• I created one self-service group and there are 2 users in this group. I would like to limit this group to be able to create 2 VMs at most(I checked "share quata accoss..." in SCVMM). however I found after creating 2 VMs by one user, if this user changed owner of this VM to another user, he can crerate VM again. that is not what I want.
    Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2010 09:24

Antworten

• Hi Eric,

1. Feature to delete business from VMM SSP V2 portal is not available.

2. Can you please confirm if this template is not in use by other Infrastructure ?  

Also please delete all VMs that were created using same templete. You can verify template associated with VMs from 'Virtual Machine' tab by selecting each VM.  For more info - Please refer help topic 'Changing the list of template for an existing Infrastructure'

Now try removing template.  

3. What error you are getting while removing duplicate network? Could you please share scenario you tried to me on v-yogcha@microsoft.com ?  Also please send me all .log files and .config files present in 'Service' and 'Portal' folder located in VMM SSP V2 installed location.

Thanks,

Montag, 2. August 2010 18:13

Alle Antworten

• Eric are you using VMM2008R2 SSP ? or VMM SSP2?

Could you please clarify?

Thanks

Suveen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes a
    Donnerstag, 29. Juli 2010 15:41
  • Eric are you using VMM2008R2 SSP ? or VMM SSP2?

Could you please clarify?

Thanks

Suveen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes a

it is default SPP in VMM2008 R2 install media, just download ssp 2.0 and try. there are 2 questions:

1. is there any way to delete infrastructure, service and service role?

2. after I deleted one templte by SCVMM, it seemed I cannot delete template in SSP 2 setting configuration , the "remove" button is disabled. why?

Freitag, 30. Juli 2010 01:34
  • Hi Eric,

Procedure to delete any Approved Infrastructure or Service or Service Role-

1. Raise a Change Request for Decommissioning the required Infrastructre or Service or Service Role

2. DCIT Admin , first deletes all the Virtual machines present under the corresponding Infrastrucre, service or Service Role for which Change Request has been submitted. Later approves the Change Request.

3. Once CR is approved, BUIT/DCIT Admin will no longer see that IR/Service or Service Role under Infrastructure tab

For the second query, looks like the Template which you are trying to delete is used by some other Infrastructure. Otherwise even though template is deleted in SCVMM, DCIT Admin will be able to Remove the template from SSP2 settings tab.

Hope this helps

Freitag, 30. Juli 2010 12:49
  • Hi Eric,

Procedure to delete any Approved Infrastructure or Service or Service Role-

1. Raise a Change Request for Decommissioning the required Infrastructre or Service or Service Role

2. DCIT Admin , first deletes all the Virtual machines present under the corresponding Infrastrucre, service or Service Role for which Change Request has been submitted. Later approves the Change Request.

3. Once CR is approved, BUIT/DCIT Admin will no longer see that IR/Service or Service Role under Infrastructure tab

For the second query, looks like the Template which you are trying to delete is used by some other Infrastructure. Otherwise even though template is deleted in SCVMM, DCIT Admin will be able to Remove the template from SSP2 settings tab.

Hope this helps

Thanks, for now 1. I can delete infrastruture now, but how to delete business unit?

2. About question 2, one infrastrature used this template before, and changed to use other templates after that. Even I deleted this infrastrature, still cannot remove this template.

3. Also somehow, there is duplicate network "Network A" in my datacenter management, perhaps it was created when I create infrastructure and cannot delete duplicate one.
    Montag, 2. August 2010 09:04
  • Hi Eric,

1. Feature to delete business from VMM SSP V2 portal is not available.

2. Can you please confirm if this template is not in use by other Infrastructure ?  

Also please delete all VMs that were created using same templete. You can verify template associated with VMs from 'Virtual Machine' tab by selecting each VM.  For more info - Please refer help topic 'Changing the list of template for an existing Infrastructure'

Now try removing template.  

3. What error you are getting while removing duplicate network? Could you please share scenario you tried to me on v-yogcha@microsoft.com ?  Also please send me all .log files and .config files present in 'Service' and 'Portal' folder located in VMM SSP V2 installed location.

Thanks,

Montag, 2. August 2010 18:13
  • Hi Yogesh,

What happens in SSP portal whenever a VM expiry date is set.  After the expiration of VM, does it deletes VM from SCVMM or it shows as unmanageable in the portal.

Regards,

Ashvin

Montag, 19. März 2012 12:56