none
Incident Views

Question

• Hi,

In my SCSM 2012 seet up,the incidents created are appearing in All Open Incidents Extended View by default.Why not it in All Open Incidents View?

What is the difference between these two views and how to delete the incident views as the All Open Incidents Extended View has no option to delete this.

Regards,

Karthiheyan.OS

Solutions Architect-System Center

Friday, October 26, 2012 11:32 AM

Answers

• The "All Open Incidents Extended" view is new in SCSM 2012. The "All Open Incident" view exists since SCSM 2010 and is still in SCSM 2012 because of migration scenarios and compatibility.

You can't delete a view that is stored in a sealed management pack. That might be the reason for the missing "delete option". In SCSM 2012 you can hide views. I haven't access to my SCSM 2012 environment right now but maybe this is an available option for the "All Open Incidents Extended" view.

Hope this helps. 

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, October 26, 2012 12:17 PM
  • The All Open Incidents Extended View  shows the new SLA status information. Additionally if you use the parent incident relationship you will see this here.

The most import thing to remember is, if you are view the console as an Administrator all views are available. Plan to create the views you need and then only provide access to those organization specific views to the console users.

The main Views you may want to remove are the sample views under the support group folder. I provided the community with how to do this over here: http://www.frameworktorealwork.com/2012/07/removing-the-sample-incident-management-configuration-support-tiers-1-2-3/

Regards

Monday, October 29, 2012 8:23 AM

All replies

• The "All Open Incidents Extended" view is new in SCSM 2012. The "All Open Incident" view exists since SCSM 2010 and is still in SCSM 2012 because of migration scenarios and compatibility.

You can't delete a view that is stored in a sealed management pack. That might be the reason for the missing "delete option". In SCSM 2012 you can hide views. I haven't access to my SCSM 2012 environment right now but maybe this is an available option for the "All Open Incidents Extended" view.

Hope this helps. 

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, October 26, 2012 12:17 PM
  • The All Open Incidents Extended View  shows the new SLA status information. Additionally if you use the parent incident relationship you will see this here.

The most import thing to remember is, if you are view the console as an Administrator all views are available. Plan to create the views you need and then only provide access to those organization specific views to the console users.

The main Views you may want to remove are the sample views under the support group folder. I provided the community with how to do this over here: http://www.frameworktorealwork.com/2012/07/removing-the-sample-incident-management-configuration-support-tiers-1-2-3/

Regards

Monday, October 29, 2012 8:23 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the late reply..Your suggestion is so valuable and helped me to understand the difference..

Regards,

Karthiheyan.OS

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:27 PM
  • Hi Samuel,

Sorry for the late reply for you too..Thats really helpful advice to me..Let me try it and come back with the result and questions..

Regards,

Karthiheyan.OS

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:31 PM
  • Hi,

I dont see the delete option available for the view" All Open Incidents Extended".Moreover the incident tickets that I create are seen in both the views

"All Open Incidents" and "All Open Incidents Extended"?Why is that so?Can anyone make this clear?

Logically the tickets created should fall into the "All Open Incidents" view only.Why they are seen in both the views?

Regards,

Karthiheyan.OS

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:39 PM
  • Hi,

All incidents will show in both views. As Andreas described the "All Open Incidents" was the only catch all view in 2010. 2012 still has the original view to maintain backward compatibility. The "All Open Incidents Extended" shows more information on the same incidents in the "All Open Incidents View". You cannot delete the "All Incidents Extended view" in the console. You can hide the "All Incidents Extended" view for non-administrators by right clicking the view and then select hide view. you can delete the "All Open Incidents" view in the console because this is in an unsealed management pack. The process most people follow is to create their own custom views and assign those new views to custom user roles. The console will only show the views you select to those users assigned to the role.

Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:41 AM