none
Service Manager 2012 workflow for te number of times a request is tranferred

Question

• Can I setup a workflow that will send notifications, etc. when a request has been transfered x number of times?  Can I report on how  any times requests are being transferred?
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:42 PM

All replies

• By transfered do you mean re-assigned?

If so, there are a couple ways you could do this, using custom workflows, powershell, and/or orchestrator (off the top of my head :) )

Option 1) Create a custom workflow that triggers when a service request is re-assigned. The workflow queries the service request's history and counts the number of times the assigned-to relationship has changed, then send an email if the count exceeds your threshold. I don't know how easily this option can be done with powershell..I don't know if there are powershell cmdlets that ease the pain of working with an object's history.

Option 2) Extend the service request class with a "ReassignedCount" property. Create two custom workflows. The first workflow triggers when a service request is reassigned. The workflow simply increments the ReassignedCount property. The second workflow triggers when the ReassignedCount property exceeds your threshold. The workflow then sends an email. This option is more easily accomplished with powershell. You could also use Orchestrator to do this if you wanted to.

As for the reporting, if you went with option 2 (extending the class and recording the number of times a service request is re-assigned), then reporting would be a lot easier, I think.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:13 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry, I meant transferred to another support group.

Friday, May 17, 2013 12:13 AM
  • The same two options will still work. Instead of the workflows triggering on re-assignment, you trigger them on a support group change.
    Friday, May 17, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Hi Herb.

This will work nicely.  However, the only issue here is getting your analysts to change support groups, or having workflows/runbooks to do this automatically.  Cireson Software (http://www.cireson.com) do a nice 'Assign Analyst By Group' add-on which alleviates this considerably.  From previous posts, I understand that you may have many of these, so reporting may not be as accurate as you may hope.

HTH

Cheers

Shaun

Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:24 AM