none
The root management server (HealthService) is running but has reported limited functionality.

Question

• Hi support,

I configured the SCE to listen on SNMP trap message but i received the following message,

"

The root management server (HealthService) is  running but has reported limited functionality soon after 7/07/2011 2:07:57 PM. The specific reason code is 43 and description is " System workflows essential to running of the product have failed to load. ".

"

The closest hotfix i could find is this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961363   but i couldn't load them in SCE2010.

I found many people with this problem, but I have only one sollution for this time-->remove snmp devices?!  Please shed some light.

Regards

Dean

Regards, Dean
    Friday, July 08, 2011 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hello Dean,

This issue has been reported before:

Root Management Server Unavailable
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenteressentials/thread/913deb9d-5abb-4e59-bc02-9792a74ab140

SCE acting weird ever since getting "Root management server unavailable" alert
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenter/thread/7d82ef4a-b497-4304-b4a7-a4397c9122b9

We are still investigating this issue. If I have any further information, I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog LiModerator Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:49 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by DLMyriad Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by DLMyriad Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:09 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 9:08 AM
  • Hello Dean,

If the issue still exists, please reproduce it by doing the following:

- restart the Health Service on the SCE server
     - wait for the alert showing the error
     - check which warning/errors events are being logged prior to the alert (check timestamps)
     - copy the complete event and paste it here

Another thing that can help is trying to figure out what is the pattern between the alerts. Did this ever work fine? What changes were done prior to the alert? 

Thanks!

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog LiModerator Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:49 AM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 9:20 AM
  • Hi Dean,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Thanks,

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:49 AM
  • Yog Li,

As this stage, it is disappointed that MS SCE ust can't managed any network devices. It is worthless for SCE to manange network devices. I do hope that Microsoft releaes a patch to fix this issue.

Dean

Regards, Dean
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:12 AM