none
can we install SCOM 2007 R2 Agent on server which is holding SCSM 2010 MS?

Question

• I have Windows 2008 Enterprise 64 bit server having SCSM(System Center Service Manager) MS installed. Can i install SCOM R2 agent on the same?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:10 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi,

Based on my understanding and research, I think the SCOM 2007 R2 agent can be installed on server which has the System Center Service Manager 2010 Management Server.

If you would monitor System Center Service Manager 2010, please refer to:

Best Practices: Service Manager 2010 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 R2

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/06/30/best-practices-service-manager-2010-management-pack-for-operations-manager-2007-r2.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:38 AM
  • Check the technet article

Preparing for Service Manager 2010 SP1 Deployment

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff521374.aspx

An Operations Manager agent and the Service Manager management server can coexist on the same server if you install the Service Manager management server first and then manually install the Operations Manager agent.

From my experience if you need to reinstall Service Manager management server or Service Manager DW management server and the Operations Manager agent is installed, you need to remove the Service Manager component and the Operations Manager agent also. If you leave the Operations Manager agent installed and reinstall Service Manager management server or Service Manager DW the HealthService becomes corrupted.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:12 PM