none
Affect user to a Support Group

Question

• Hi everyone,

I am new in SCSM and i have two questions please.

1/ How can i add  manually (not imported from AD) a new support Group (Operation IT
    Group)

2/ I have created an user manually ( not from AD), i need to affect this user to the Support Group. How to do it?

Thank you

• Edited by alouhichi Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:17 PM
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but I think you're talking about the Support Group on the incident form? If that's the case:

1. Go to Library -> Lists. Locate the Incident Tier Queue (can't remember exact name) and edit that list.

2. Users can't be added to these Support Groups. These groups are simply a way of defining in which tier the case currently is in.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi !

1.) You just can add a user object

Go to Configuration Items, Users and simply create a user object.

If you want to notify the group via SMTP or Exchange Connector be sure to add an e-mail Adress in the Notification tab like the screenshot below.

2.) The question here is what do you want to do with the user or group ?

Notify, use as object criteria in a workflow ?, categorize Work items ?

Pls provide more information.

Regards / Roman

Problem talk creates problems, solution talk creates solutions (Steve deShazer)

Friday, March 09, 2012 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

I'm not sure what you are referring to, but I think you're talking about the Support Group on the incident form? If that's the case:

1. Go to Library -> Lists. Locate the Incident Tier Queue (can't remember exact name) and edit that list.

2. Users can't be added to these Support Groups. These groups are simply a way of defining in which tier the case currently is in.

Regards
    //Anders

Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Thank you for your answers

Conserning the question 1/: it was what i need (1. Go to Library -> Lists. Locate the Incident Tier Queue (can't remember exact name) and edit that list.)

However i wonder why is not possible to affect users to  Support Groups. Many ITSM Tools allow this and this is useful  to notify all members of a group

for example when an new incident is created

Thanks

• Marked as answer by alouhichi Monday, March 19, 2012 10:27 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by alouhichi Monday, March 19, 2012 10:27 AM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 11:58 AM
  • Create mail enabled groups in AD and put the members in these groups. Then use these groups in your notifications/workflows in SCSM. The only difference is that you will need to maintain the group in AD instead of the ITSM tool, which should be best practise anyway :)

Regards
    //Anders

Monday, March 12, 2012 12:01 PM