none
Installing Visio Pro 2007 -

Question

• hi ALL,

I have been trying to complete this process. I know that the software have been loaded to the cache. But it does not want to install . I get this error on each machine.

The program for advertisement "EHS20019" failed ("EHS00016" - "Visio Pro 2007"). The program was able to be executed but the system was restarted unexpectedly before the program could be completed or before status could be recorded. No installation status MIF was found after the system restarted.

Possible cause: The program performs a restart of the client computer when it completes, but the 'After running' setting in the program's properties is not set to Program restarts computer, or the client machine was restarted while the program was running.
    Solution: Verify the above. If the program does a restart when it completes, even if it only requires a restart in some cases, modify the program's properties and set 'After running' to 'Program restarts computer'.

Whooze
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:36 PM

Answers

• As afar as I know there is no way to prevent them from restarting the machine in the middle of the install.  We have the same problem.  There are some problems you just can't fix.  Generally the install will retry since this is considered a failure.  I know people were trying to prevent the CTRL ALT DEL button from when if a program was installing and the machine was logged out but people generally just restart the machine so you fix one problem and create another.

If the install takes a long time to run then it near lunch, the end of the day or after the logout occurs.  There is no "solution" to this problem, only work arounds.  You could choose to popup a box at the start of the install to let people know it is running and don't restart.  One thing we have done with adobe is popup the passive box so they can see the install is going.
    http://www.sccm-tools.com http://sms-hints-tricks.blogspot.com
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:50 PM

• Still not able to install application even if the cache folder installed.

How do I allow this to install automatically? Or can I force the to install now since the files have already been deployed.

On the response to the users restarting before the installation completes. I've interview several users and none have restarted their PC.

another message:
    Advertisement "EHS20019" from site "EHS" was rejected because the advertisement has expired. Possible cause: The client received the advertisement but rejected it because the advertisement expiration date is past. Solution: If the client should accept the advertisement, you can extend the life of the advertisement by changing the expiration date and time or disabling expiration on the Schedule tab of the advertisement's properties. Changes to the Advertisement's Properties dialog box will not be detected until the list of advertised programs is refreshed on the client.

Please help me understand why?

Whooze
    • Marked as answer by d.mendoza Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:22 PM
  • It is expired which means that end time has now passed.  You need to set a start time and no end time.  Set the Manditory start time to As soon as possible and then it will kick off as soon as it can.  That depends if the package is set to install when someone is logged in/ out/ or either way.

• Marked as answer by d.mendoza Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by d.mendoza Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by d.mendoza Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:36 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:06 PM

All replies

• But it does not want to install .
    That means that ConfigMgr already kicked off the program (IOW the program's command line; see execmgr.log), but the client was restarted before the end of that process.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:55 PM
  • How can you prevent this to happen. Yes all were deployed to the cache folder. How can I launch the process to run without user restarting process.
    Whooze

Here is the execmgr.log

<![LOG[A user has logged on.]LOG]!><time="08:02:25.102+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="2812" file="execreqmgr.cpp:4522">

<![LOG[The logged on user is AD\jredmon]LOG]!><time="08:02:25.655+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="2812" file="execreqmgr.cpp:4540">

<![LOG[CExecutionManager::Execution Manager received a SERVICEWINDOWEVENT START Event]LOG]!><time="08:40:00.158+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="716" file="execmgr.cpp:914">

<![LOG[CExecutionRequestManager::Received a Service Window Start Notification.]LOG]!><time="08:40:00.158+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="716" file="execreqmgr.cpp:9238">

<![LOG[CExecutionManager::Execution Manager received a SERVICEWINDOWEVENT END Event]LOG]!><time="11:00:00.535+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="2472" file="execmgr.cpp:914">

<![LOG[CExecutionRequestManager::Received a Service Window Notification that it need not handle.]LOG]!><time="11:00:00.535+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="2472" file="execreqmgr.cpp:9250">

<![LOG[CExecutionManager::Execution Manager received a SERVICEWINDOWEVENT START Event]LOG]!><time="16:00:00.727+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="1336" file="execmgr.cpp:914">

<![LOG[CExecutionRequestManager::Received a Service Window Start Notification.]LOG]!><time="16:00:00.758+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="1336" file="execreqmgr.cpp:9238">

<![LOG[The user has logged off.]LOG]!><time="16:32:33.640+420" date="10-21-2009" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="596" file="execreqmgr.cpp:4761">

Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:39 PM
  • As afar as I know there is no way to prevent them from restarting the machine in the middle of the install.  We have the same problem.  There are some problems you just can't fix.  Generally the install will retry since this is considered a failure.  I know people were trying to prevent the CTRL ALT DEL button from when if a program was installing and the machine was logged out but people generally just restart the machine so you fix one problem and create another.

If the install takes a long time to run then it near lunch, the end of the day or after the logout occurs.  There is no "solution" to this problem, only work arounds.  You could choose to popup a box at the start of the install to let people know it is running and don't restart.  One thing we have done with adobe is popup the passive box so they can see the install is going.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:50 PM
  • Can you help me with this error message

Message Details 
    Timestamp:  10/26/2009 12:44:45 PM  Message Type:  Milestone 
    Site Code:  EHS  Message ID:  10002 
    System:  EHS-TPC-2VKB3F1  Process ID:  2140 
    Source:  SMS Client  Thread ID:  1944 
    Component:  Software Distribution  Severity:  Informational 

Description 
    Advertisement "EHS20019" was received from site "EHS". The client passes any supported platform requirements and the SMS will add the advertisement's program to the list that will be displayed to users and/or run via assignment. If an advertisement is received but not displayed on a client, verify that the current time on the client is between the advertisement start and expiration times, and that the program specified in the advertisement is enabled. 

Properties 
    Advertisement ID EHS20019
    Client SMS Unique ID GUID:68EFA859-DDB3-4AAB-85DC-C7F750BF4611

Whooze
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:04 PM
  • This is simply letting you know that it has been passed to the computer.  It should then popup or install at the appropriate time.  This is not an error.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:53 PM

• Still not able to install application even if the cache folder installed.

How do I allow this to install automatically? Or can I force the to install now since the files have already been deployed.

On the response to the users restarting before the installation completes. I've interview several users and none have restarted their PC.

another message:
    Advertisement "EHS20019" from site "EHS" was rejected because the advertisement has expired. Possible cause: The client received the advertisement but rejected it because the advertisement expiration date is past. Solution: If the client should accept the advertisement, you can extend the life of the advertisement by changing the expiration date and time or disabling expiration on the Schedule tab of the advertisement's properties. Changes to the Advertisement's Properties dialog box will not be detected until the list of advertised programs is refreshed on the client.

Please help me understand why?

Whooze
    • Marked as answer by d.mendoza Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:22 PM
  • It is expired which means that end time has now passed.  You need to set a start time and no end time.  Set the Manditory start time to As soon as possible and then it will kick off as soon as it can.  That depends if the package is set to install when someone is logged in/ out/ or either way.

• Marked as answer by d.mendoza Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by d.mendoza Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by d.mendoza Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:36 PM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:06 PM
  • Here is the results of my last silent install

Timestamp:  10/28/2009 10:58:09 AM  Message Type:  Milestone 
    Site Code:  EHS  Message ID:  10035 
    System:  EHS-PCH-24HR7C1  Process ID:  2316 
    Source:  SMS Client  Thread ID:  5468 

Description 
    The program for advertisement "EHS20019 has not yet started because the content for the package "EHS00016" - "Visio Pro 2007" (version 2) has not been acquired. Possible cause: The content for this program must be downloaded into the computer's cache, or the content could not be located. Solution: If the program is being downloaded, no action is required. The program will start once the download has been successfully completed. If the content can not be located, ensure that a distribution point with this content is available for this computer. Distribution point availability can be affected by roaming boundary configuration which is used to determine whether distribution points are classified as local or remote, or by enabling distribution points as protected distribution points. Distribution point availability can also be affected if you are using branch distribution points and the advertisement is configured with the option Run program from distribution point instead of Download content from distribution point and run locally. This is because branch distribution points do not support advertisements that are configured to run directly from a distribution point. 

Message Details 
    Timestamp:  10/28/2009 11:11:43 AM  Message Type:  Milestone 
    Site Code:  EHS  Message ID:  10005 
    Source:  SMS Client  Thread ID:  3556 

Description 
    Program started for advertisement "EHS20019" ("EHS00016" - "Visio Pro 2007"). Command line: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\Cache\EHS00016.2.System\setup.exe" /adminfile \\ehstes\C$\Packages\Visio Pro 2007\visionew.msp Working directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\CCM\Cache\EHS00016.2.System\ User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 

****************************************************************************
    Message Details 
    Timestamp:  10/28/2009 11:11:43 PM  Message Type:  Milestone 
    Site Code:  EHS  Message ID:  10070 
    Source:  SMS Client  Thread ID:  2500 
    Component:  Software Distribution  Severity:  Error 

Description 
    The program for advertisement "EHS20019" ("EHS00016" - "Visio Pro 2007") exceeded the maximum allowed run time of 720 minute(s). Systems Management Server (SMS) has stopped monitoring the program, and is unable to determine the status of the program. SMS will not automatically attempt to run this program again. Possible causes: The program might have taken longer to run than expected, or the program might have experienced problems while running. Possible solution: Make sure the maximum allowed run time specified for the program allows enough time for the program to finish running. If the program requires user input, ensure the program properties allow the user to interact with the program. 
    *******************************************************************************

Is this a timing issue? How do I configure it to launch the application in the cache folders?

Whooze
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:45 PM
  • Either a popup box or user input might be causing this.  You should run the test with User interaction allowed and change the progress bar to be visible.  Now on your test machine you can watch the install happend then you can see where your problem is.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:08 PM
  • Either a popup box or user input might be causing this.  You should run the test with User interaction allowed and change the progress bar to be visible.  Now on your test machine you can watch the install happend then you can see where your problem is.

Message Details
    Timestamp: 11/13/2009 9:32:26 PM Message Type: Milestone
    Site Code: EHS Message ID: 10070
    System: EHS-TPC-96VL081 Process ID: 1456
    Source: SMS Client Thread ID: 3984
    Component: Software Distribution Severity: Error

Description
    The program for advertisement "EHS2001B" ("EHS00017" - "Test one PC") exceeded the maximum allowed run time of 720 minute(s). Systems Management Server (SMS) has stopped monitoring the program, and is unable to determine the status of the program. SMS will not automatically attempt to run this program again. Possible causes: The program might have taken longer to run than expected, or the program might have experienced problems while running. Possible solution: Make sure the maximum allowed run time specified for the program allows enough time for the program to finish running. If the program requires user input, ensure the program properties allow the user to interact with the program.

Properties
    Advertisement ID EHS2001B
    Client SMS Unique ID GUID:B12F0A03-0ABD-4D1B-9C5F-EE5A27435EBD

What am I doing wrong. please help

Whooze
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:01 PM

Message Details
    Timestamp: 11/13/2009 9:32:26 PM Message Type: Milestone
    Site Code: EHS Message ID: 10070
    System: EHS-TPC-96VL081 Process ID: 1456
    Source: SMS Client Thread ID: 3984
    Component: Software Distribution Severity: Error

Description
    The program for advertisement "EHS2001B" ("EHS00017" - "Test one PC") exceeded the maximum allowed run time of 720 minute(s). Systems Management Server (SMS) has stopped monitoring the program, and is unable to determine the status of the program. SMS will not automatically attempt to run this program again. Possible causes: The program might have taken longer to run than expected, or the program might have experienced problems while running. Possible solution: Make sure the maximum allowed run time specified for the program allows enough time for the program to finish running. If the program requires user input, ensure the program properties allow the user to interact with the program.

Properties
    Advertisement ID EHS2001B
    Client SMS Unique ID GUID:B12F0A03-0ABD-4D1B-9C5F-EE5A27435EBD

What am I doing wrong. please help

Whooze

Whooze
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:02 PM