none
Office 2010 deploy conflict if visio 2010 is installed

Question

• I have problem with deploying office 2010 through SCE 2010.

Office 2010 package fails if visio 2010 is installed manually ( or deployed with SCE 2010 ) before office.
    Both are x64. When i install both manually (visio 2010 and office 2010 no mather which first ) it works fine. When i deploy visio 2010 and then office 2010, visio deploy is succesfuly and windows update get error code: 0x80070570. Same if install visio manually and deploy office with SCE package. When i deploy office first and then visio it works all fine. I dont want to install office first, wait till its done and then set it to deploy visio.. There is no such option in SCE that allows to set the priority of packages so its random which package is installed first: visio or office.

Any idea why visio is blocking office deployor how to make office deploy before visio?

Greeting

Friday, April 01, 2011 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Mortibor,

What is the error message in the WindowsUpdate.log on the problematic agents? Is your Visio 2010 a RTM version or a beta version? Is it same with the version of Office 2010? You cannot install both of them if their versions are different. For example, if you have installed Visio 2010 Beta, you must uninstall Visio 2010 Beta befoer installing Office 2010 RTM.

By design, SCE does not support software deployment with priority or dependency. However, there are several possible workarounds for your reference. Please read the following threads for the details:

Installation order for Packages
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/systemcenter/thread/18D928F2-0F36-4CE5-9A99-1D36ACB4308A

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 04, 2011 9:45 AM
  • Hi Yog,

Windows update, after it download and "deploy" ( i`ts set to silent install in OCT ) shows error code 0x80070570. Which is not close to truth - when i deploy first office and then visio it works all fine so the package is not corrupted. Of course im deploying same versions of office and visio ( both rtm, 2010 i`ve tried same thing on package for x64 and x86 ( and i didn`t mixed versions - i`ve checked twice :) ) on both same error. Interesting is that error occurs only if visio is deployed ( or instaled manualy ) on pc before office.

I`ll chceck the link for installation order and let you know if it solve the problem

Thanks,

Greeting

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Ok i`ve tried a little bit other solution. I`ve got a batch file that install setup.exe in order that i wanted

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

@Cls

@if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)" goto x64

:x86
    @Echo ***********************************************************
    @Echo * Installing MS Office 2010 Professional Plus x86        *
    @Echo * Please be patient. This process takes several minutes.    *

"%root%\setup.exe"

@Echo * Waiting 60 sek before installing MS Project 2010    *

@PING 172.16.1.1 -n 60 -w 1000 >NUL

@Echo * Installing MS Project 2010 Professional x86        *

"%root%\setup.exe"

@Echo * Waiting 60 sek before installing MS Visio 2010        *

@Echo * Installing MS Visio 2010 Premium PL x86            *

"%root%\setup.exe"

goto FINISH

:x64
    @Echo * Installing MS Office 2010 Professional Plus x64        *

"%root%\setup.exe"

@Echo * Waiting 60 sek before installing MS Project 2010    *

@Echo * Installing MS Project 2010 Professional x64        *

"%root%\setup.exe"

@Echo * Waiting 60 sek before installing MS Visio 2010        *

@Echo * Installing MS Visio 2010 Premium PL x64            *

"%root%\setup.exe"

:FINISH

@Echo *       Installation completed.             *
    @Echo * Ending in 10 sek...                     *

@PING 172.16.1.1 -n 10 -w 1000 >NUL

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

.bat worked fine when installing manualy. SCE cant deploy from .bat file so i had to convert it into .exe. I used some bat to exe converter, after converting .exe file worked fine ( manualy ). Lets call it office.exe

So i decided to use sce. I put office.exe and all office folders ( office, project, visio ) to same folder on network drive. While creating package i chose "requiring additional installation folders". Folder location %root%, package setup file office.exe. In the end it was again windows update error code: 0x80070570

%root%\setup.exe and office.exe are on network drive.

I could understand if it couldnt install it manualy - then i`ll know that batch or exe after converting are corrupted, but i don`t get why SCE can`t handle it.

Thanks,
    Greeting

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Hello Motibor,

Please check the issue disscussed in the thread below to see if it is a same one:

One particular software package no longer installs on Windows 7 after upgrade to SP1 - error 80070570 (file corrupt)
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenterdevelopment/thread/298dc719-ecc4-44e3-9489-39bfda98c1a7/

We are still analyzing this issue. And I'll keep you update if we have any further information.

If possible, please help us to collect the EventLogs and WindowsUpdate.log file which were described in the thread.

Thanks, 

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:58 AM