none
Direct3d

Question

•  

I am creating some Task Sequences using SCCM to install Autodesk Inventor and it's associated programs.  One of the prerequisite programs I am trying to install is DirectX 9.0.  When I run the advertisement it runs through the tasks and it appears that DirectX 9.0 installs correctly, but when it gets to installing Autodesk OemViewer it errors out and the error log says that it needs Direct3d installed.

MSI (s) (BCBig Smile8) [08:46:07:964]: Product: AOEMView 2009 -- Error :: Please install Direct 3D before installing AOEMView 2009.

If I manually run the command that I have in the Task Sequence prior to running the advertisement, all tasks run and it completes with no errors.

.\support\directx\directxsetup.exe /silent

Any ideas on how to get this to run successfully all within the Task Sequence?  Thanks

Friday, September 19, 2008 4:28 PM

Answers

•  

I just had this problem open with Microsoft Support. Check the DirectX Log. it will show up some errors when it comes to the installation of the APR2007_d3dx9_33_x86.cab after it installed already a whole bunch of items. Mainly this is due to *x86_xp.inf and *x64_xp.inf not being code signed starting from the April2007 release.

So as this is "by design" of the DirectX dev team they busted the DirectX Installation via TaskSequence. You need to do it on logon system.

One solution would be to remove all *x86_xp.inf and *x64_xp.inf files if Inventor doesn`t require them.

And same as John said, I`m really looking for somebody who also is fighting with Inventor-Deployment via TaskSequence. so If you could drop me a note about would be great (Maik.Koster at c-a-m.com)

Thursday, November 06, 2008 1:05 PM

All replies

• You're the only other person I know of that's deploying Inventor. I would love to chat offline and bounce ideas off one another.

Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:40 PM
  • John, are you using Config Manager to deploy Inventor also?  If you want to talk about it call me.

Mark

Monday, September 22, 2008 4:44 PM
  • Yes I am. Sorry, I meant to post my offline email address. If you want to edit out your phone number I have it now. Also you can email me offline "johnmarcum at gmail"

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:14 PM
  • And you can contact me at mark.heppner at a-dec.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 1:26 PM
  • Did you get me offline email?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:19 PM
  •  

I just had this problem open with Microsoft Support. Check the DirectX Log. it will show up some errors when it comes to the installation of the APR2007_d3dx9_33_x86.cab after it installed already a whole bunch of items. Mainly this is due to *x86_xp.inf and *x64_xp.inf not being code signed starting from the April2007 release.

So as this is "by design" of the DirectX dev team they busted the DirectX Installation via TaskSequence. You need to do it on logon system.

One solution would be to remove all *x86_xp.inf and *x64_xp.inf files if Inventor doesn`t require them.

And same as John said, I`m really looking for somebody who also is fighting with Inventor-Deployment via TaskSequence. so If you could drop me a note about would be great (Maik.Koster at c-a-m.com)

Thursday, November 06, 2008 1:05 PM
  •  

So what was the result of your open ticket with Microsoft Support?  Are they going to fix the DirectX install so it works with Task Sequences?

This is the only piece that is causing me problems.  The rest of the install works great.  I would be more than willing to talk to you about these issues.  You can contact me at mark.heppner at a-dec.com

Thanks

Mark

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:51 PM