none
Roles Incident Resolver vs Service Request Analysts

Question

• Am I understanding this correctly?  If I create a Incident Resolver role, and I add users to this role, they can create both Incidents and Service Requests.  However, once the incident resolver user creates and submits the service request, he can no longer modify it?  Even though they created it?  Same for the Service Request Analyst role, they can create incidents, but once submitted they cannot modify them?  In order to do so, they would have to be made members of both a Service Request and Incident Resolver role?  So I have to double everything (with respect to incidents and service requests).  So, for problem management and activity management, I need to create roles for that too?  So, a user that does all four, needs to be a member of four different roles?  If I separate my roles by department as well, IE Desktop Support group and Network Services group and both can work on incidents and service request, but I want to limit the views each has, I know have to create 4 roles, two for Desktop (IR and SR) and two for Network (IR and SR).  Seems a bit redundant and tedious.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is this the way SCSM 2012 works?

~DannyRamirez

Friday, March 22, 2013 6:43 PM

Answers

• Related to the Appendix A you have to create the roles you described above to get your requirements done.

Only option might be to use the "Advanced Operator" role and limit the views. This way the Analyst can see the filtered work items but modify more than one work item class object (IR and SR).

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:33 AM

All replies