none
How to show “UserInput” property in My Requests\Service Request web-form on SCSM 2012 self-service portal for customer?

Question

• Service Request web-page doesn't show “UserInput” property on self-service portal for customer after filling Request Offering with configured user prompts that mapped to additional customized service request properties.

On the other hand “UserInput” property can be viewed by Approver via link to parent Service Request from Review Activity web-form or viewed by Implementer via link to parent Service Request from Manual Activity web-form.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 10:31 AM

All replies

• OK, guys, just refrase my question...

Is anybody take care about "self-service" concept of the portal? If Yes, how to provide User with information that he(or she) has filled inside of Request Offering (Questions and Answers) after submission? Mail, access to console?

We are not planning to use console for the end users. Mail message as workaround is possible but 1) not trivial and 2) not portal.

At the moment we have opened Service Case but, unfortunately, I see no real progress even in "issue description" phase.

As far as I see, MyRequestsSilverlightModule.xap does not contain (or doesn't display) UserInput field that  can be found (and displayed on web-form, of course) inside of MyActivitiesSilverlightModule.xap.

Best regards and thanks in advance for any feedback,

Anatoliy

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:43 AM
  • By default "User Input" is shown for both - Incident and Service Request activities. Check if users have appropriate roles configured in SharePoint and Service Manager.
    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:33 PM
  • Clarification: I'm talking about internal "UserInput" SR's property (which contains xml data with questions and answers from Request Offering) but not about labeled "User Input" field on the web-forms (where you can add some test which will be added to log). It looks like read-only table:

Anyway, it's a good point to check permissions, thanks!

Friday, August 10, 2012 7:20 AM