none
Task Sequence Keeps Repeating!!!!

Question

• Ok, so I send an operating system task sequence to a machine, and it finishes. I log in and everything is great everything works that I told it to do in the task sequence, but then it wants to run that same task sequence again, just after I finished imaging!  This happens about 5 minutes or so after I have logged in.  What am I doing wrong?  Make the endless loop stop!

Monday, July 14, 2008 9:49 PM

All replies

• Check the schedule tab for your advertisement and make sure the "Program Run Behavior" is set to never rerun advertisement.

Also, you could manage the clients in your collection be creating a SQL query that only adds clients to that collection if they have not successfully run the OSD deployment.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:24 AM
  • Well, I didnt have it set as mandatory, so I didnt have the option to say Never run again.  Would that make a difference?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:40 PM
  • I think your problem is normal.

You have just to get out the ressource of your deployment collection. By default, the client check for new policie every hour.

So, after 60 minutes at least, the advertisment will be removed of the target ressource.

Lionel

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 2:58 PM
  • Hi have you ever created a SQL query to move PC out of a collection if they have run a advertisement ?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:35 PM