none
Data Warehouse failed to deploy reports for a management pack to SQL Reporting Services Server

Question

• Hi,

A few days ago I receive this alert in my SCOM 2007 R2. This is the details from the alert:

Data Warehouse failed to deploy reports for a management pack to SQL Reporting Services Server. Failed to deploy reporting component to the SQL Server Reporting Services server. The operation will be retried.
    Exception 'DeploymentException': Failed to deploy reports for management pack with version dependent id '02200ff6-8cc9-92d8-4431-d5c74c2478b7'. Failed to deploy linked report 'Report.DNS.AllWindowsDNSServersbyZone'. Failed to convert management pack element reference '$MPElement[Name="Microsoft.Windows.Server.DNS.DnsServer_DnsZone_Relationship"]/Allow_Updates$' to guid. Check if MP element referenced exists in the MP. The user DATACENTER\mom_datareader does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.

Thanks in advance from your help.

Regards.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi David, 

Is this issue still there? If yes, please add DATACENTER\mom_datareader into Operations Manager Administrators. And then restart RMS services. 

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:04 AM
  • As appearing in the screenshot, you are using the Local Administrators (Built-in\Administrators) group as Operations Manager Administrators group, so, in this case try to add the user DATACENTER\mom_datareader to that local administrators group on the RMS and then restart the RMS services..

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mazen

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

Try to give the DW datareader account SCOM Administrator privilege, and restart the RMS services...

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mazen

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:26 PM
  • Hi Mazen,

One question, I'm new in SCOM 2007, so excuse my question... where do I find the DW datareader account? And how I restart the RMS Services?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:32 PM
  • First of all, Welcome to SCOM :)

"Check if MP element referenced exists in the MP. The user DATACENTER\mom_datareader does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation."

The above user account in bold is your DW datareader account., try adding it to the SCOM Admins Group
    but generally you can get its details on: Console >> Administration >> Run As Configuration >> Run As Accounts >> the DW data reader details in "Data Warehouse Report Deployment Account"

The RMS services are (on the Administrative Tools > Services):

System Center Data Access

System Center Management Configuration

System Center Management

Regards,

Mazen

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:38 PM
  • Hi Mazen,

Thanks for answer so quickly. I've just checked and the mom_datareader account is already in the SCOM Admins Group. Another detail is that this alert is from the RMS Server, so I don't know if I restart the services something happenn.

Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:04 PM
  • Hi David,

Would you please double check the name of SCOM Admins Group in Console >> Administration >> User Roles >> Operations Manager Administrators

Regards,

Mazen

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:14 PM
  • Hi Mazen,

I'm sending to you a image about the Operations Manager Administrators, so you can see it with details.

Regards.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:43 PM
  • Hi David, 

Is this issue still there? If yes, please add DATACENTER\mom_datareader into Operations Manager Administrators. And then restart RMS services. 

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:04 AM
  • As appearing in the screenshot, you are using the Local Administrators (Built-in\Administrators) group as Operations Manager Administrators group, so, in this case try to add the user DATACENTER\mom_datareader to that local administrators group on the RMS and then restart the RMS services..

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mazen

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:17 AM