none
Repeating Errors in Module SMS_STATE_SYSTEM

Question

• Hello

Since a short time I get in our SCCM 2007 Infrastructur in the Modul SMS_STATE_SYSTEM repeating Errors like this:

Error Milestone <SITECODE> 20.11.2008 18:06:51 <SERVERNAME> SMS_STATE_SYSTEM 6105 The SMS State System message file processing processed one or more files that contained errors or invalid data. Review the statesys.log file for further details.

Error Milestone <SITECODE> 20.11.2008 18:06:37 <SERVERNAME> SMS_STATE_SYSTEM 6104 The SMS State System message file processing could not process file 'vy76hiu2.SMW' and moved it to the corrupt directory. Review the statesys.log file for further details.

The STATESYS.LOG File shows the following:

SQL MESSAGE: spProcessStateReport - Error: The key for machine <AGENTNAME> (GUID:EE344EFE-A80C-483E-BAFB-E3E80E305154) did not match the one in the database.

CMessageProcessor - Non-fatal error while processing fni655cw.SMW

Is there any communication Problem between Agent and Server?

Kind regards

Stefan

Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:35 PM

Answers

• The messages didn't appear again. It must be in some situation be a special constelation.

Thanks for the answers.

Stefan
    • Marked as answer by SSOMOGYI Friday, February 13, 2009 8:10 AM
    Friday, February 13, 2009 8:07 AM

All replies

• The log file states that a specific computer's key is not in the database. Maybe the client record was aged out, or deleted manually. Thus, since there is no valid key for that client, the state system is not accepting the client's data.

What I'd do is to go to the client in question, and initiate a Discovery Data Collection Cycle, and see if that fixes the issue. I'd then go to the All Systems collection, update the collection membership, wait a minute or so, then refresh. I'd then look at the properties of this system. I'd then find the AgentName entry that says Heartbeat Discovery, and then use that same value (such as AgentName[0]) to verify the data is current - you'd use AgentTime[0] if AgentName was [0] for Heartbeat Discovery.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:51 PM
  • Hello

Many thanks for your detailed answer.

Today, all messages are not anymore repeating. Strange.

I'll check the log later, to see if the problem reoccure.

Stefan

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:47 PM
  • The messages didn't appear again. It must be in some situation be a special constelation.

Thanks for the answers.

Stefan
    • Marked as answer by SSOMOGYI Friday, February 13, 2009 8:10 AM
    Friday, February 13, 2009 8:07 AM
  • Hi Wally,

We are managing SCCM 2007 R3 environment.

I am getting the same kind of error in our environment in SCCM console -> System status options, the error is below,

Message ID : 6104,

The SMS State System message file processing could not process file 'qs4314w4.SMW' and moved it to the corrupt directory. Review the statesys.log file for further details.

For the same time, the state system messages are,

Thread "State Message Processing Thread #0" id:32632 started

SQL MESSAGE: spProcessStateReport - Error: The key for machine xxxxxxx (GUID:74DED901-A0A6-421B-ADB3-xxxxxxxxxxxx) did not match the one in the database.

CMessageProcessor - Non-fatal error while processing qs4314w4.SMW

Please suggest me, how to handle this. Thanks in Advance

Best Regards, Sukandha

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:20 PM