none
Declined and Supersedded updates keep coming back to "unapproved"

Question

• How do I get SCE from adding my previously declined and superseded updates from coming back to the "unapproved" cue?

These aren't even Critical or Security updates, most are "update rollups" and service packs. Many have release dates as far back as 2004!

Randall
    Monday, February 06, 2012 5:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Randall,

If you want to see whether there are declined updates that are now applicable and should be approved, you can review the updates that have previously been declined by these steps:

To create a view for declined updates

1. In the Essentials console, click Updates.

2. In the Tasks pane, under Updates, click New View.

3. In the Create New Updates View dialog box, type a name, for example, Declined Updates and a description for this view.

4. Under Criteria, select with a specified ‘Approval’ attribute.

5. In Criteria description, click Any, and then click Declined.

To view the declined updates, in the navigation pane, click the name of the declined updates view you created.

For the superseded updates, please read the following article (Subtitle: Approving superseding or superseded updates)for more details:

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 7:29 AM
  • I don't want or need a new view, I want my declined updates to stop showing up in the "unapproved" updates folder the next month.

For example I always decline ALL the updates for Itanium based servers (dont' have any), each and every month ALL of them show backup again in the "unapproved" updates folder.

Randall

Friday, February 10, 2012 6:16 PM
  • Hello Randall,

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

This issue is related to Update cancelled or renewed subscriptions maintenance task. Please disable it to avoid this kind of problem.

A same question was disscussed here:

Declined updates are becoming unapproved again
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenterupdates/thread/b1c48387-1f41-4160-9e14-6657508d1044

Thanks,

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:50 AM
  • What is the purpose of the maintenance task then, if it is always "overwritten" by the next update cycle?

Randall

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:35 PM
  • When is Microsoft going to fix this?  SCE 2010 is still a current product. 

Views expressed do not represent those of my employer.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:48 PM