none
AG-Logical Disk Defragmentation task-How to run...

Question

• I want to run the logical disk defragmentation task exclusively (and not if a warning appears)... How can I do this? I search the SCE2010 manager but I did not find it... Are there other tasks, like this one, which I can run remotely? Thank you
    Monday, April 04, 2011 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hello agorts,

You can run the Disk Defragmentation task from the "Computer Management" task. 

How to Run a Task for a Computer in Essentials
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb422785.aspx

1. Run SCE console;

2. Click the computer in Computers space;

3. Select "Computer Management" in the Tasks pane;

4. In the "Computer Management" console, click "Disk management";

5. Right-click the logical disk and choose "properties";

6. Select "Tools" pane, and then you can find the option of "Disk Defragmentation".

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog LiModerator Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by agorts Monday, April 18, 2011 12:39 PM
    Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:15 AM
  • Yog Li, Thank you for your reply and sorry for the delay... With the steps you suggest me I can defrag the disk through the UI and not as a task (when the warning appears)... Can I run it as a task? See the warning message of the SCE2010 and you will understand what I mean...
    Monday, April 18, 2011 12:38 PM