none
Slow Performance SCSM Consoles

Question

• We have a single SCSM server with the following specs:

Virtual, Fixed Disk on SAN, Server 2008R2, 8gb of Ram, Quad x 2.7, separate data warehouse server, reporting is local w/ SQL 2008. Sharepoint is local to run SSP. SCSM DB kept on 2 node SQL cluster on same SAN. 

I know having sharepoint there isn't ideal, but even before the SSP spin up I've noticed the console is very slow when connecting to the server. At max we had 9 users connecting. 

Personally my computer takes a couple seconds to load the console, and each ticket takes about 20 seconds to open up. For some new software this just seems awfully slow. (My computer has 8gb of ram, tri-core). 

Has anyone been able to find a way to speed it up at all. I want to get the system into its best possible condition before giving the rest of the IT staff access to it. Currently we are utilizing 2010 so slowness is expected, but we are looking for performance increases with 2012; so far, nothing. 

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:09 PM

All replies

• So, this performance issue is still with 2010?

Is there anything in your operations manager event logs?

Have you set all of your SPNs correctly? If you restart the Management Server services, and check the above log, it will mention if any are missing.

Do you have any other performance issues in your environment, for example, with DNS or AD?

Try connecting to the IP of the server rather than it's name, does that make a difference?

Are there any resource issues on the MS or SQL servers?

Rob Ford scsmnz.net

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:17 AM
  • Creating your own views based on Basic or Typical classes can help.

Turning off the details pane (Ctrl+D) helps.

Consider installing another MS and connect the Consoles to the secondary MS as the first runs workflows.

Consider a third MS and load balance Console connections  between 2nd and 3rd MS.

Check for any resource issues on all servers, SQL / MS etc.

• Edited by SJM_ Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:19 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:17 AM
  • Yes, but we have given up on the 2010 environment. We are doing a clean cutover to 2012 leaving behind all 2010 data. 

Nothing in the logs besides notices, no warnings or alerts

No SPN alerts appeared. 

DNS and AD are not issues in the environment

No visible difference from connecting direct to IP. 

Not that I can tell on the SQL server.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:49 PM
  • Hi,

Did you manage to speed your Enviroment up? We seem to be suffering the same delays when opening tickets but don't seem to be able to find the issue.

Thanks,

John

Monday, November 19, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Nope, we were never able to. 
    Monday, November 19, 2012 2:59 PM
  • can you check if performance issue still here when console working on windowed more instead of maximized?

SCSMSolutions
    email: freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Monday, November 19, 2012 8:38 PM
  • I can confirm it does.
    Monday, November 19, 2012 9:18 PM
  • Sfeeney, is this still an outstanding issue for you?

Rob Ford scsmnz.net
    Cireson www.cireson.com
    For a free SCSM 2012 Auto-Close app click here

Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:46 AM