none
Can't get reporting to work after successful installs

Question

• If anyone can help me with my issue I would greatly appreciate it. I have never been able to get reporting to work. Before I post the error let me tell you a little bit about my environment. Hopefully it will help as I have not been able to figure this software out.

Environment has about 70-80 Workstations, 14 servers. SCE2007 is installed on a local server that is a domain controller. SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with Advanced configuration is also installed on the same server. The Reporting Services Configuration Manager connects fine to the server and everything is green except "Encryption Keys" and "Initialization." "Encryption Keys" is blue and "Initialization" is grey. 

When I open SCE2007 Control Console on the server itself I click on the right side where it says "Reports." There are multiple options like Hardware Inventory, Software Inventory, Group Software and Group Update. When I click on Hardware Inventory Summary as an example I get this error.

Cannot Initialize Report. "The item.....cannot be found. (rsItemNotFound)
    Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportServerException: The item '/Microsoft.SystemCenter.Essentials.Report.Library/Microsoft.SystemCenter.Essentials.Report.HardwareSummary' cannot be found. (rsItemNotFound)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.GetExecutionInfo()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.GetParameters()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Reporting.Parameters.ReportParameterBlock.Initialize(ServerReport serverReport)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ReportForm.SetReportJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)
    When I goto the reporting section on the left side of the SCE 2007 console everything is blank. There are no reports for me to click on or open and run. The Microsoft Generic Reports Library has nothing in it as well.

What can I do to get this running properly? I would really want to start using the reporting service SCE2007 offers.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:06 PM

Answers