none
V2V Operation from VMware to Hyper-V. Get Stop 0x0000001E on PartMgr.sys

Question

• Hi All,

I am facing a problem when doing V2V on Windows 2000 Server SP4 from VMware to Hyper-V.

After the migration, I get a blue screen error during boot up:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xEB418A2A, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

*** Address EB418A2A base at EB418000, DateStamp 3bf040be - PartMgr.sys

I have tried to boot up the Windows using Safe Mode but no help. Is there any info that can help to fix this problem? Thanks.

Regards,

Martin

Friday, August 20, 2010 2:51 AM

Answers

• This post is older than 30 days or we have not heard back from you.  Did this issue get resolved?  If so, please share with community how you resolved.  Otherwise, re-activate post if you still require assistance.

Carmen M. Summers (MSFT) --Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 01, 2010 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

i have exactly the same problem. The strange thing is that with other 2000 server with the same hardware the conversion went fine =(

What tool did you use for the first conversion ?

I have tried everything (Vmware converter, Starwind Converter), adding additional IDE Disk, changing the HAL, ignoring/ Changing the windows paging file..

Still the same result.

A the end, for those 3 server with that problem I end up converting to and old Vmware Esx 2.5..

Any tips will be really appreciated by myself too!!

Regards

Danilo

Monday, August 23, 2010 8:15 AM
  • This post is older than 30 days or we have not heard back from you.  Did this issue get resolved?  If so, please share with community how you resolved.  Otherwise, re-activate post if you still require assistance.

Carmen M. Summers (MSFT) --Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 01, 2010 8:25 PM