none
Non 24/7 Servicedesk

Question

• My company is looking into deploying SCSM as its servicedesk, but it seems unable to function SLA wise for anything but a 24/7 servicedesk. Is it possible in any way to stop Incidents failing SLA with a 10/5 servicedesk or at least automatically extend the Resolve By property during the off service desk hours?

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 11:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Richard,

Out of the box, suprisingly, this is the way it works. There is the Cased Dimensions SLA offering, some details here.

There is a codeplex solution here that offers some basic functionality but it also provides the code so you can use that to base your own solution on.

For our own environment, I've added my own custom SLA solution that extends SLAs that would otherwise breach OOH into the next business day, taking account of weekends and even holidays.

The basics of this was to extend the incident class with a new property of ActualCreatedDate, add a workflow to copy CreatedDate to to use CreatedDate as "Resolution Start Date". Then I added some server workflows to process SLA breaching, breaches and OOH, etc, plus some admin settings to control the whole thing.

Also, all views now use ActualCreatedDate and all our reports are custom so they do, too.

If you have some coding skills, you could write your own solution. Otherwise, have a look at Cased Dimensions offering.

Cheers,

Rob

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 6:15 PM
  • In addition to what Rob is writing, Microsoft has announced that they will improve the SLA support in SCSM R2 (which is scheduled to be released at the end of 2011).

See:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/11/16/service-manager-roadmap-update-what-s-coming.aspx

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Friday, March 04, 2011 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

Out of the box, suprisingly, this is the way it works. There is the Cased Dimensions SLA offering, some details here.

There is a codeplex solution here that offers some basic functionality but it also provides the code so you can use that to base your own solution on.

For our own environment, I've added my own custom SLA solution that extends SLAs that would otherwise breach OOH into the next business day, taking account of weekends and even holidays.

The basics of this was to extend the incident class with a new property of ActualCreatedDate, add a workflow to copy CreatedDate to to use CreatedDate as "Resolution Start Date". Then I added some server workflows to process SLA breaching, breaches and OOH, etc, plus some admin settings to control the whole thing.

Also, all views now use ActualCreatedDate and all our reports are custom so they do, too.

If you have some coding skills, you could write your own solution. Otherwise, have a look at Cased Dimensions offering.

Cheers,

Rob

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 6:15 PM
  • Thanks Rob for your reply. Sadly I am not a coder but the Cased Dimensions looks like the solution I am after.
    Friday, March 04, 2011 3:49 AM
  • In addition to what Rob is writing, Microsoft has announced that they will improve the SLA support in SCSM R2 (which is scheduled to be released at the end of 2011).

See:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2010/11/16/service-manager-roadmap-update-what-s-coming.aspx

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Friday, March 04, 2011 1:02 PM