none
Getting error in PXE before I can choose a task sequence

Question

• Hello,

I dont know if this is the right place for this or not but today I ran into this problem. At any site techs would try and start PXE and get into WinPE but it would fail instantly after entering the password to see the task sequences. It would fail with :

"An error occurred while retrieving policy for this computer  (0x80072EFE). For more information, please contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator".

I also see "cannot read available data with winhttp; 80072efe" in the SMSTS.LOG file. So I logged into the Server running Windows Server 2003 and looked in the event logs and under Application I would see a lot of errors like

"Login failed for user 'domain\server$'. Reason: Failed to open the explicitly specified database. [CLIENT: IPAddress]"  Source : MSSQLSERVER for every server. To resolve the issue I rebooted the Primary server and the errors went away. I dont really see anything that lead up to the failure. Has anyone run into this before and have any suggestions?

The SQL is 2008r2. SCCM is SCCM 2007sp2r3

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 3:06 PM

Answers

All replies