none
unable to see hyper-v vms in VMM

General discussion

• I have recently installed VMM on my hyper-v box. I can add my virtual machines as seperate hosts but not as vms. Do i hav e to carry the vhd files to library share so VMM can see my hyper-v vms or is there another solution.

thanks
    Ozan Veranyurt MCITP-MCT
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:18 AM

All replies

• I tried removing my server from hosts and adding with C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory for VM configurations and my vm confs are saved there but still i dont see any vm in the virtual machines tab..
    Ozan Veranyurt MCITP-MCT
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:41 AM
  • You should add the HyperV host as host thru VMM.
    In your case, add localhost as the host. After that, VMM will automatically discover your VMs.

Monday, July 20, 2009 7:30 PM
  • I already tried that. anyways problem is solved thanx for the idea
    Ozan Veranyurt MCITP-MCT
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:00 AM
  • I am having the same issue.  I have four host servers, and I added them all to VMM using the admin console.  One of the hosts is fine, and it's VMs are listed.  One of the hosts as also added successfully, but it's VMs are NOT listed.  One of the hosts is in need of attention (I applied some updates, waiting to reboot the host after hours), but it's VMs ARE listed.  The last host was added fine, but it doesn't have any hosts yet.

So is there a way to kick VMM into looking for the VMs?  I have refreshed many times with no luck.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:33 PM
  • It takes a while for the initial refresh.- it's not instantenous...you can always hit the refresh button and wait a bit.
    Juraj
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:55 PM