none
Exchange Connector 3.0 RC: Service Requests Log as "In Progress"

Question

• Hi All,

We're having an issue with our Exchange Connector 3.0 RC Installation on Service Manager 2012 RTM.

We have setup two mailboxes and two Exchange Connectors, one mailbox logs "Incidents" and the other mailbox logs "Service Requests". We have configured the Exchange Connector/s to use the appropiate Templates and mailboxes. Everything works fine, we can log new Incidents and we can log new Service Requests via e-mail.

However we have one strange problem. When creating new service requests via e-mail the status of the "Service Request" remains on a status of "In Progress". The template we're using is a brand new template based on the Service Request class and has no "Activities" associated with it. In this case the service request should have a status of "Submitted", but it never changes from "In Progress".

New Service Requests logged directly via the Console using the same template, have a status of "Submitted" as I would expect as the template has no "Activities".

We've tried lots of troubleshooting:

Tried running just one Connector
    Deleted and re-created the Templates
    Disabled the Connector, Deleted the Connector, Uninstalled - Reinstalled the Exchange Connector Management Packs
    Rebooted all Service Manager Servers

Below are some screenshots:

Any ideas what could be going on here?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:50 AM

Answers

• The only work around I can find to fix this at the moment, is to put the Service Request on "Hold" and then "Resume". The status then changes to "Submitted".

• Marked as answer by SJM_ Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:10 PM
    Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:54 AM

All replies

• I also had a look at the "New Service Request Workflow" log for this call "SR6216" and I can see no errors requiring attention.

• Edited by SJM_ Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:36 AM
    Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:35 AM
  • The only work around I can find to fix this at the moment, is to put the Service Request on "Hold" and then "Resume". The status then changes to "Submitted".

• Marked as answer by SJM_ Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:10 PM
    Wednesday, May 09, 2012 10:54 AM
  • This is still the "solution"? or do anyone else have an idea of what to do?

i see the same in my test environments, on all SRs. 

Best Regards
    Jakob Gottlieb Svendsen
    Trainer/Consultant - Coretech A/S - Blog
    MCT - MCTS - VB.NET - C#.NET - Powershell - VBScript Mastering System Center Orchestrator 2012 - 3 day workshop - worldwide training click here

Friday, March 08, 2013 9:09 AM