none
SCOM AD Integration

Question

• Hi all,

My SCOM2012 that was integrated with AD completely dead. This was the only one SCOM server in my environment. I have installed the new one with the same AD account name (I reset previous computer account).

Now I want to connect agents to new SCOM server. After running wizard agents were added to SCOM console but they have agent Health state with "Not monitored" status.

Maybe I miss something when I was configuring new server. What can it be?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• How long are they in status not monitored?

If you check the operations manager event log on both the agents and the management server you should probably see some errors pop up stating that the connection is established or not.

Troubleshooting steps I would take:

1. Stop the System center health service on the client > rename the health state folder located under c:\program files\system center 2012\operations manager\

2. restart the service and check in the eventlog whether the agent is getting it's management packs.

A nice step you could try as well:

http://scug.be/christopher/2012/05/10/scom-agent-managed-server-not-visible-in-the-console-agent-managed-view/

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2288515?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: To avoid these issues in the future I recommend to add a second management server to your environment.

It's doing common things uncommonly well that brings succes. Check out my SCOM link blog: SCOM link blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Hi, see the logs from both agent and MS side...but it's most likely the agent cache must be flushed as Dieter Wijckmans described above
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:43 PM
  • I don't think it was a great idea to reinstall a server and pretending to the Management Group that it's still the same box, especially taking into account that the AD Account SID probably changed.

As for the AD Integration rule, you need to check if the Management Server Id is still the same:
    Export the Default Management Pack
    Search for "Microsoft.SystemCenter.ADWriter" - there you will find the old Id of the Management Server for your AD Integration rule.
    Open the OpsMgr Shell and run: Get-SCOMManagementServer | select Name,Id
    Then verify that the Id matches the value in the <ManagementServerName> parameter of the ADWriter module

I recommend creating a new AD Integration rule though and once it's in place and replicated, delete the old one.

And as pointed out already, you might need to restart the Agents or even clear the cache on them. In that case, an SCCM script or Remote PowerShell might come in handy.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:49 PM
  • Thanks for the answers,

agent starts monitoring when I'm manually uncheck "Automatically update management group..." checkbox in AgentControlPanel.exe, then I need to apply this settings and check this checkbox again. Seems that this manipulations erasing cache.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:07 PM