none
Server Error in '/Analyst' Application. propertyName

Question

• Hi,

i am trying out the change management and while approving the review task from analyst portal im getting this error.

can you please help identify.. also how can i trace such error (like what to look for )

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: propertyName

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: propertyName]
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjectionDataType.GetPropertyValue(Object source, String propertyName) +322
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.DataModel.BindableDataItem`1.get_Item(String propertyName) +38
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.BindableCachedDataItem`1.get_Item(String propertyName) +171
       Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.AnalystWebParts.ReviewActivity.BtnModalCreate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\mossadmin\Desktop\PortalSource-New\AnalystWebparts\ReviewActivity.cs:908
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +140
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +29
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2981

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Server Error in '/Analyst' Application.

propertyName

Zaid
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 1:09 PM

Answers

• Zaid,

I Replied on my blog site as requested:www.nn4consultants.com

Extract below is below:

You have 3 options:
    1. Replace the files (if you know exactly which ones) with the original from an installation (same version). I am assuming you have not made any other custom configuration.

2. Replace the whole Analyst portal folder (Same Version)
    3. Re-install the portals (maybe a side by side on a virtual server). If you are using a re-directed link then get the link pointing to your new working portal once confirmed as working.

In the case of option 1 and 2, make sure you stop all the IIS services and make sure you take a full copy of the Portal directories first.
    I hope that helps?

Sam

Friday, October 28, 2011 4:34 AM
  • You are running the SCSM analyst portal in this folder? -> C:\Users\mossadmin\Desktop\PortalSource-New\AnalystWebparts\ReviewActivity.cs

It looks like the files of the analyst portal are stored in a user profile. Maybe you can give it a try in a different folder like "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AnalstPortal" or something like this.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:09 PM

All replies

• any help ??

Zaid
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:11 AM
  • You are running the SCSM analyst portal in this folder? -> C:\Users\mossadmin\Desktop\PortalSource-New\AnalystWebparts\ReviewActivity.cs

It looks like the files of the analyst portal are stored in a user profile. Maybe you can give it a try in a different folder like "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AnalstPortal" or something like this.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:09 PM
  • no.. not that i can recall..

i cehcked and the server doesnt have this user perofile mossadmin ...  the modal creat click for the button is calling this user profile path..

i guess a developer messed this up ...

how do i change this to the default ?

this is only happning when ever i click on the grey botton while approving  for any activity ... there's gotta be a page/file which i can replace with the default..

Zaid
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:35 PM
  • Zaid,

I Replied on my blog site as requested:www.nn4consultants.com

Extract below is below:

You have 3 options:
    1. Replace the files (if you know exactly which ones) with the original from an installation (same version). I am assuming you have not made any other custom configuration.

2. Replace the whole Analyst portal folder (Same Version)
    3. Re-install the portals (maybe a side by side on a virtual server). If you are using a re-directed link then get the link pointing to your new working portal once confirmed as working.

In the case of option 1 and 2, make sure you stop all the IIS services and make sure you take a full copy of the Portal directories first.
    I hope that helps?

Sam

Friday, October 28, 2011 4:34 AM
  • Thanks sam,

for option 2.. how do i do it ?

i have a analyst folder under default website.. and a v-app under a SCSMPortal website as well..

can i use the files from default websit's analyst folder to replace the files in v-app portal ?

Zaid
    Friday, October 28, 2011 4:56 AM
  • i replaced the analyst portal folder i had with the default one and it worked..

:) thanks sam and andreas for the help..

Zaid
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:15 AM