none
Creating Custom SCCM Connector

Question

• My customer wants to import additional SCCM Inventory information that is by default not imported.  I have located "
    How to Configure a Configuration Manager Connector for an Extended SMS_def.mof File" (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg507811.aspx) which details an example using PC_BIOS information which is a single instance class in SCCM.  I need to import from the Video_Controller class which is a multi-instance class.  In this environment there are multiple video controllers in many of the machines.  I would assume that I would need to import all instances.  The example references a key which exists as a single column in the table.  The Primary key for the Video Controller class would need to be a multi-part key (MachineID and InstanceID).  Does anyone have an example of this?
    There may be other data classes imported as well.  Would I define them in a separate management pack or combine all of the new classes in a single management pack.  I can see advantages to using both.  Use single class in several management packs to retain granularity, or insert multiple classes into a single management pack to reduce the sheer number of connectors.
    Any guidance or insight is appreciated!

Mark
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:44 PM

All replies

• Were you able to figure this out? Also, using the Authoring console, how do I expose the new inventory data?

I need to bring in the BIOS date from ConfigMgr.

• Edited by SCCMRanger Friday, March 08, 2013 3:54 PM
    Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:45 PM