none
Pushing exe using SCCM

Question

• Hello there,

I have an exe file, this file should be deployed using SCCM, when running the exe file manually it prompt for "next" on the first screen, then radio button "i agree", then "next" then finish.

I need to push it silently over SCCM without any user intervention. I searched all over the internet but no solution convinces me.

Should i create a script? Re-create the exe to be silent? just push on SCCM with some conditions ?

I'm sorry but I'm not expert with SCCM and i need a straight official solution.

If any solution provided kindly to provide the steps.

Thanks a lot.

^^OodY

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 11:48 PM

All replies

• You should contact the published and ask them how to make the application install silent. Only they acne tell you for sure how to do this.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 2:35 AM
  • Hello Garth,

Thanks for the reply, can i get an msi out of the exe so i can push the msi silently, is there any way to do that?

what if the vendor say that this is the only exe available for now, the what ?

Thanks.

^^OodY

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 6:51 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, can i get an msi out of the exe so i can push the msi silently, is there any way to do that?

what if the vendor say that this is the only exe available for now, the what ?

Until you talk to them, you will have no idea what is supported by them. Only your vendor can help you with this.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 7:11 PM
  • You can run exe under cmd with /? (if you are lucky, will get commad line to run)

also, you can extract exe with /A (you might get msi but again as Garth mentioned it depends on vendor)

orion

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 2:47 PM