none
Error 406 access denied while trying to Add Windows 2008 HV host in SCVMM 2008

Question

• Hello,

the thread for the problem in the subject is open from year 2009 on Hyper-V forum.

The latest post is from February 2012. With the question "CAN SOMEBODY HELP?"

I never saw this issue before, but today when reinstalled the host (2008r2sp1) and tryied to add it to the SCVMM I got the error. Second host was successfully added (I removed both after reinstallation of the first one.) So N-2 was added. And N-1 failed.

I decided to post this issue on SCVMM forum because on Hyper-V no real solution. And the question is more related to VMM.

dcomcnfg.exe  is checked. Even Everyone (by default has full permissions, but I added domain Administrator).

Again N-1 was added without any problem.

Any help?

Thanks.

I am trying to add Windows 2008 HV host in SCVMM 2008. While adding host i am getting error message...

Error (406)

Access has been denied while contacting the server <server name>. 

Recommended Action

1. Verify that the specified user account has administrative privileges on <server name>.

2. Verify that DCOM access, launch, and activation permissions are enabled on <server name> for the Administrators group. Use dcomcnfg.exe to modify permissions, and then try the operation again.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Thursday, March 08, 2012 2:52 PM added
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 2:44 PM

All replies