none
Does anyone have experience on SCOM R2 connector intergration with HP Service Center?

Question

• I wonder if anyone here has experience to share on SCOM R2 connector intergration with HP Service Center ?

We have HP SC and SCOM, and might have a plan to implement the integration.

Thanks in advance

Lisa
    Sunday, November 01, 2009 2:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• I was told that the IWAVE license for a basic adaptor for connecting SCOM to HP ServiceCenter would be $60, 000,  +  first year’s maintenance fee +  implementation services

That seems pricy, doesn't it?

I also heard there is a free MS connector, any experience of using it?

Lisa

Thursday, November 05, 2009 4:44 PM
  • Ouch! We use netcool to process alerts into HPSC, however really all we do is map an alert to an incident group, which you could do using HPSC templating. If you've got an HPSC expert, you could get it to receive an email from SCOM, with SCOM providing data in an agreed format, to stick it in a ticket
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 4:50 PM
  • Hi Lisa,

I have written my own bidirectional connector for HP Service Center 6.1 and OpsMgr 2007 R2. If you have programming skills you can take a look a the
    DotNet Web Service example (C# and Java) that comes with HP Service Center - that gives you a brief overview how you can handle Incident Tickets/Changes etc... over the Web Service Interface.
    In my case the leading system is the OpsMgr 2007 R2 that means if an alert occurs then the connector creates an Incident Ticket an writes back the Ticket-ID to the alert and if the Incident Ticket is closed the Alert is also closed and so on...
    In the connector there is also a simple rule engine integrated so that Incident-Tickets are created automatically based on rules - generally it's a good approach to use Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus or BMC Event Manager as powerful rule engine for that.
    But the real challenge is not the technical aspect in this topic it's much more the IT Service Management Processes (ITIL). Before you start you have to know
    how your company's processes look like and which alerts (severity=warning/critical | priority=medium|high) effect an Incident-Ticket. That could be the reason
    why some solutions works better than the others.

I think the iwave connector is basically a good solution but we don't use it because we have too individual needs.

Regards

-markus

Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:07 PM
  • Hello,

useing SMTP was good enough to send an email alerts with the critical  problem and for high severity  tested SMS for GSM:
    http://www.multitech.com/en_US/products/families/multimodemgprs/

• Marked as answer by lisa2926 Friday, December 04, 2009 11:19 PM
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:32 AM
  • Markus,

Do you have an example of de connector you have written?
    We are here in the same situation and need an connector between SCOM R2 and HP Service Center.

Hope you can email me ore something.

witbraadAThotmail.com
    Monday, December 07, 2009 3:02 PM

• Marinus1985,

I would share the code if I could but at the moment it isn't possible. But as I mentioned it above you can take a look at the examples
    which come with HP Service Center they are really good and easy to understand. Sorry, that I can't help you much more.

Regards

-markus
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:16 PM