none
Options for integrating Tickets between Dynamics CRM 2011 and Service Manager 2012 ?

Question

• Any suggestions on the integration of Dynamics CRM 2011 and System Center Service Manager 2012 ?

I am looking for side-by-side integration like this:

1. A ticket in CRM is entered I want it to be entered in Service Manager.

2. Once a ticket is updated in SM we'd like that reflected in CRM. 

3. If ticket is updated in CRM should be reflected in SM.

[Tickets originating in SM moved to CRM is not a requirement.]

Please suggest some guidance around this topic :)

-Nikita Polyakov

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:08 PM

All replies

• Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 SDK + SC 2012 Orchestrator + SC 2012 Integration Pack

http://www.scsmsolutions.com/ freemanru (at) gmail (dot) com

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:30 PM
  • Interesting concept/idea Nikita. 

Matching the attributes/values from a CRM ticket to Service Manager ticket could be a challenge I guess.

In CRM a case type is just a attribute (picklist) of the incident entity in the Service Module. But in SM every type is a class with it's own properties

Saturday, April 14, 2012 7:42 AM
  • Anton,

Thank you for your suggestions. I was thinking custom workflows on ticket create/update from both side could syncronize based on mutual GUID through a property. But was hoping for some accelerators to help me out with this task.

-Nikita Polyakov

Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Expiscornovus,

I was thinking that a ticket can originate in CRM and with a specific type be then have a twin in SCSM created.

Details to sync could be very basic maybe just ticket status and notes, other fields can be carried over as just text - Client, Client Contact Name, Client Contact Information 

Assigment of who is working on the ticket could be kept internal to SCSM and in CRM a generic account owns the ticket.

-Nikita Polyakov

Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Hi Anton,

Would you please give us more explanation.

Best Regards

Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:15 AM
  • Nikita,

I'm currently in the process of integrating CRM with Service Manager. I'm actually using Anton his approach, using Orchestrator 2012 runbooks.

Basicly I am creating a runbook that queries the database of CRM (via the filtered views) and with that data I am creating objects in Service Manager (via the Service Manager integration pack)

- Dennis | Netherlands | Blog | Twitter

Sunday, July 08, 2012 10:30 AM
  • We are starting the same integration. Would you be interested in sharing what you are doing? Or possibly working together on this?

Rick

Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Hello Rick,

I could create one (or more) blogpost(s) about it if you want?

- Dennis | Netherlands | Blog | Twitter

Monday, November 19, 2012 11:39 AM
  • Hello Dennis, we are in the process of doing the same. Did you end up creating a blogpost  documenting your experience?

Khalid F. Al Khalili

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:33 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply, Dennis.

A blog post would be great, if you are still integrating CRM and SM.Rick

Rick

Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:58 PM