none
Error scanning logfile, Errors in Operation Manager MS Eventlog file.

Question

• Hello everyone,

I am getting this kind of error on some of the Cross Platform system and I don`t see any reason why it cant read the log files.  When I log on the server with ( run as account )  I am able to read log files.  is anybody experiencing same problem?  any suggestion?

Thanks.

Error scanning logfile /var/adm/messages on host us-net24.abcd.net as user scom; The client cannot connect to the remote host specified in the request. Verify that the service on the remote host is running and is accepting requests. You may use the following command to analyze the state of the WinRM service and to configure the service, if necessary: "winrm quickconfig".

Error scanning logfile /var/log/sysidconfig.log on host us-net24.abcd.net as user scom; The client cannot connect to the remote host specified in the request. Verify that the service on the remote host is running and is accepting requests. You may use the following command to analyze the state of the WinRM service and to configure the service, if necessary: "winrm quickconfig".
    Orhan Taskin
    Wednesday, August 05, 2009 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Orhan,

Here is a note from the Cross Platform section of the OpsMgr Release Notes that may apply:

WS-Man 1.1 requirement

Operations Manager 2007 R2 requires WS-Man 1.1, also known as WinRM, to monitor computers that are running UNIX and Linux operating systems. WS-Man is a Web service-based protocol that enables remote computer management over HTTP and HTTPS, which includes hardware management and policy-based event forwarding. WS-Man 1.1 must be installed to facilitate communication between Operations Manager 2007 and UNIX or Linux computers.

After you have installed WS-Man on the management server, configure it to use Basic Authentication. Run the following command: 

If you do not configure WS-Man to allow Basic authentication, discovery of UNIX or Linux computers will fail.

winrm set winrm/config/client/auth @{Basic="true"}

Robert Hearn • Sr. Program Manager
    Customer & Partner Community
    System Center Cross Platform & Interop

Read the Cross Platform & Interop team blog | Become a Fan on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Read my blog

• Proposed as answer by Robert_Hearn Tuesday, January 05, 2010 1:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robert_Hearn Monday, January 18, 2010 5:13 PM
    Tuesday, January 05, 2010 1:04 AM